• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release

Discuss Wolf3D and Wolf3D modding/ports

Postby Metalor 11 Aug 2015, 22:27

A team would be beneficial, but I sort of have the habit of coming up with numerous, grand ideas that all tie into each other. Having unwanted ideas introduced into the mix might upset the overall vision I had in mind.

Guns and Glory was balanced with the hard difficulty in mind, so that being the case there's more room for error as far as ammunition is concerned. You should have 3x the amount necessary to get the job done. I figure it'd just be the low health that would force you to play that way.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 11 Aug 2015, 22:52

Still...let someone in...to help...this is how life is.

Still stuck on the mines.
    Great map, best mines representation in Wolf3D mod ever, but again find second key is so hard...even wall-tracing doesn't help.
    I remember having similar issues first time I played it.

Secrets are usually marked too easy by blood. It can be a good trick, if not overused....but here it's overused.

Another art tip would be to consider same dark-light textures for "usually irregular-shaped" walls like mines (caves, or forests as well). It creates much more realistic illusion of non-blocky irregulary-shaped walls.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 13 Aug 2015, 16:39

I give up. Wondering for days, and can't find locked doors or keys - after the first key.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 13 Aug 2015, 22:31

What map are you on? If it's map 5, there's only 1 key; the Green Key. If it's map 4, the Brown Key is located in a secret area right across from where you find the Brown Doors. Just check the walls next to the normal rusted door and the Green Key door.

Although it no longer features the pictures, I wrote a guide for the game here: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6609
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 14 Aug 2015, 09:28

Ok, but how to finish the level with it?
    I can't find the exit
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 14 Aug 2015, 11:31

If you're on level 5, find the entrance; it's right across from there when you come out of the purple area.

If it's level 4, the exit is in the left hall across from the Brown Locked Doors.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 14 Aug 2015, 12:48

I get out of the purple area and can't find nothing.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 15 Aug 2015, 00:01

I'm going to assume that you're on map 5. In which case, find the elevator that you started the map in. If you want to find the secret exit, take an immediate right inside of the purple room and examine the wall to find a secret. There are 4 additional secrets beyond that inside that secret (you'll know it by the quality of treasures inside constantly improving). Then on your right side, you should see a Green Key Door, enter inside and there's the secret elevator and an extra life for your trouble.

If you want to find the basic elevator, start from the entrance elevator and inside the purple room go out the door into the large mine-esq hallway. The Green Key Door is right across from where you come out. Behind that are two more Green Doors and a room filled with Moss and Officers the exit elevator is in that room. It's marked with a chest treasure item to the elevator's right side.

If you're on map 4, simply find the room with the 4 wooden sheds and the large steel box in the center. The exit is through the Green Key Door after passing through two empty corridors with a pair of Mutants at the end (one is inside the elevator).
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 15 Aug 2015, 12:53

On level 7 now :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 18 Aug 2015, 19:20

Big tank level is even better than I remembered it...fantastic level, concept...so well executed...it needs special modding award.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WLHack 04 Sep 2015, 09:27

I have really liked the game so far, so I decided that my next playthrough will be about this mod.
    WLHack

Postby Metalor 04 Sep 2015, 20:26

Even though it's so bloody hard?

Well, guess I'm glad to hear that this game will be getting some more attention without me actually having to advertise it myself.

If you need any intel on the game, I'm available to help provide it.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Next

Return to General Wolf3D/modding Discussion and tutorials