• View unanswered postsView active topics

• EoD Xmas Set

Discuss Wolf3D and Wolf3D modding/ports

Postby Dean 10 Dec 2012, 09:41

Hello,
    I was speaking to AReyeP today and he advised that he wasn't planning to do a EoD Xmas release this year. I really enjoy these sets and so asked him if I was able to make an official set for release, which he advised he'd be more than happy for me to do.

As the release would need to be done in 14 days for release, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested (cough *Ron* cough) in helping out?

From memory the sets have usually been 3 levels, 2 normal and 1 secret xmas level. They are usually night time and snow based in the outisde areas. My questions are;
    - Are there any ChaosEdit files around for Eod that anyone knows of?
    - Is there a mapping kit or do we just use one of the other sets as a base since we're only doing maps?
    - Is there anything we need to do special to use all the Eod features? Switch operated walls etc?
    - Is anyone else willing to help - I just don't think I could get 3 levels done that quick.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 10 Dec 2012, 19:20

Maybe Kyle made Chaosedit files when he did the 4SDL version? Without CE-files it's kind of a no-go for me unfortunately.

I'm sure there's a mapping kit for EoD on AReyeP's site. If I remember correctly, features were map-based ie you had to place a tile somewhere to get the right floor/ceiling textures.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 11 Dec 2012, 07:16

Yeah, I agree Ron. I know AReyeP still works in mapEdit which I've never used and have no plan on learning... ever...

There is a mapping kit but it's for Dos based MapEdit usage from memory
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 11 Dec 2012, 16:34

Same here.

Here's the editor version btw: http://www.areyep.com/EOD_112.ZIP
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    Dean