• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Keen modding

Discuss Wolf3D and Wolf3D modding/ports

Postby DoomJedi 09 May 2012, 23:09

Just wanted to make a tribute for this warm, devoted and most talented modding community of one of the best and epic DOS oldies.

One of the best modders there are IMHO Ceilick (art), Tulik (art and mapping) and Lemm (coding).
    Lemm's greatest achivements are IMHO the multiplayer NetKeen.
    The best Keen mods INHO are the TUIT ("The Universe is a Toast") trilogy, which is a rare example of commercial-quality product that is at least as good and professional as the original games - that take Keen to new places.... Desert, Snow, Asteroids......

Art and animation quality is amazing, so are the tiles and coding patches.
    Keen source is not released so guys work with exe patches (!!!).

There is a work on "Keen for SDL" - aka "Commander Genius". When made it'll boost Keen modding even further.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 10 May 2012, 01:30

StarWolf wrote:One of the best modders there are IMHO Ceilick (art), Tulik (art and mapping) and Lemm (coding).
    I believe you mean "Some of", not "One of". :)
    The best Keen mods INHO are the TUIT ("The Universe is a Toast") trilogy, which is a rare example of commercial-quality product that is at least as good and professional as the original games - that take Keen to new places.... Desert, Snow, Asteroids......
    I found the Keen 9 project pretty impressive, and it approaches the game quality you're describing here. Once I found a video of the mod, I subscribed to the YouTuber who posted the video. 8)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 10 May 2012, 08:29

Keen 8 is cool too, you shloud try :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 11 May 2012, 03:43

Keen 7, Keen 8, and Keen 9 are all part of the newer fan-made trilogy, but Keen 9 impressed me the most. 8)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Return to General Wolf3D/modding Discussion and tutorials