• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Guns and Glory Community Mapset Thread -Update-

Discuss Wolf3D and Wolf3D modding/ports

Postby Metalor 18 Aug 2012, 01:34

Got a brand, spankin' new Spoiler for y'all! This one's gonna showcase one of the new bosses I made for Guns and Glory 0.5 and all of it's animations. If you're uneager to have anything spoiled for yourself, then I suggest avoiding this, otherwise, dig on in!

Hidden Text: Show
    This screenshot shows the third boss of three on level 32 (In My Mind). The picture shows Kim Pine from Scott Pilgrim VS. The World as she appears in-game. She was the second-to-last boss I created for the game that was hand-drawn and did not use a base for to make.

She's also currently standing in front of a Billboard of Scott (from Scott Pilgrim, duh). The billboard denotes a key location that if she's lured to that spot (there's a special pickup object there that only she can pick up), she'll become immobile and not attack the player, thus guaranteeing an easy victory.

She's not really the strongest boss in the game, and is on par with the other two bosses on level 32, but she is perhaps my favorite of the bosses, simply for her plethora of frames, animations, and her AI that I programmed for her. However, fighting her is necessary for completing level 32.

And also, here's some animations for the above mentioned Spoiler:
    ImageImageImage
    These are all of Kim Pine's animations from Guns and Glory 0.5: The Story Retold. I've wanted to post these up for quite a long time, so I finally did so recently. I'm very happy with how these turned out and if nothing else, I'd at least like someone to tell me something along the lines of: "Good Job" or "Those are some awesome sprites, dude!" That sort of stuff.

These sprites are part of the reason why I'm so disappointed that nobody was able to beat my game or find everything, or even enter into the contest. But, that's life I suppose.

Started on 8/1/2011, and finished on 9/2/2011.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Metalor 18 Aug 2012, 01:35

Some more of the animations:
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Metalor 18 Aug 2012, 01:35

The last of the animations:
    ImageImageImage

I'm starting to contemplate releasing another updated EXE for Guns and Glory that'll make the game operate similar to the original Wolfenstein. That way, players can have 100% health, armor, and not die every few minutes/seconds.

Will I do it? Only time or this upcoming weekend will tell.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 18 Aug 2012, 07:24

Nice :)
    Thanks for sharing :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 18 Aug 2012, 09:44

I've been dying to post these, amongst others. I'll most likely post the rest when I've been rejuvinated like this morning.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 18 Aug 2012, 16:03

Thanks for posting these, Metalor. You can see my response to these Spoilers in the DHWs thread. Anyway, well done. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Metalor 18 Aug 2012, 20:15

I said it there and I'll say it here:

Thanks!
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Metalor 28 Aug 2012, 23:51

This thread has been modified. Please check back to the first post.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 29 Aug 2012, 01:13

The editing tools, for which editor are those made? I personally work with Chaos-edit all the time, but I imagine there are those that use Mapset, WDC, HWE and such.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Metalor 29 Aug 2012, 02:20

Well, you're in luck (I should have mentioned this, but it most likely just slipped my mind) the files are for Chaos-Edit. Ever since I transitioned to SDL, I've been forced to use it, so I just made myself comfortable. (Plus Floedit couldn't support more than 400 objects and I used all 512 in Guns and Glory 0.5).

But yes, the files are for Chaos-Edit.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 29 Aug 2012, 14:38

Alright, cool. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Metalor 29 Aug 2012, 19:59

So, are you interested in making a map or two, or are you just curious about the mapping perspective? (I'm not rushing you to make a decision, I just want to know, because no one has really been too interested in Guns and Glory as far as making maps for it yet)
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 29 Aug 2012, 20:00

I'm interested in making a map. Don't know how many, depends on time constraints and other mods. :wink:
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Metalor 29 Aug 2012, 20:49

Well, if that's true, just give me your email address, how many and which levels you'd like to replace (if you have a preference), and I'll send you the files when I can.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 29 Aug 2012, 21:55

I'll pm you my email adress, for now I'll just settle for one. I don't have a level in mind at the moment but I'll look through everything a bit and let you know.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Next

Return to General Wolf3D/modding Discussion and tutorials