• View unanswered postsView active topics

• [spoilers] Guns and Glory

Discuss Wolf3D and Wolf3D modding/ports

Postby WolferCooker 29 Jan 2012, 11:14

I wanted to PM StarWolf this, but the PM isn't working right now (can't recognize any current user), so here is my message for anyone who wants to tell Metalor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just looked at DHW since I haven't for a while and I see Metalor has his Guns and Glory mod up for beta-testing.

Since no one seems to be interested in testing it for the time being, I'm more than happy to test it for Metalor. Can someone relay a message for him that I'm up for it?

I
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 11:31

WolferCooker wrote:I wanted to PM StarWolf this, but the PM isn't working right now (can't recognize any current user)

?
    Can you explain this? Do you mean PM over DHW or here, on our forum?
    (I've got PM here only yesterday...no problem)
    If this relates to our forum - what do you mean by "recognizing a user" and how you send the PM...what exactly do you do?

Since no one seems to be interested in testing it for the time being, I'm more than happy to test it for Metalor. Can someone relay a message for him that I'm up for it?

No problem :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 29 Jan 2012, 11:39

I'm actually on this forum too. I just don't visit it nearly as frequently (though I really should).

Glad to see you're interested!

I just need an email address and I can send you the Files.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Metalor for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 11:50

Your first post here - congrats! :beer:

BTW, Metalor - if you need a sub-forum to develop your project - I can open one for you here. Maybe you'll find here even more betatesters, we've got many wolfers visiting this forum regulary. This will allow you to get private feedbacks as well.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 29 Jan 2012, 11:52

Good idea. Guess I'll have to start that up tomorrow though (it's pretty late here).

I'm spreading the word like bullets! H==-=
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Metalor for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 11:57

Ok, I'll create a sub-forum for you now... **O** you'll be able to see it shortly.

Just tell me what kind of access you want for it - public or only to some wolfers. If only some wolfers - gimme their list []O (if they are already registered on this forum).

http://raycast.teamforum.ru/memberlist.php
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WolferCooker 29 Jan 2012, 21:18

PM problems are here in this forum, StarWolf.

Problem with my PMs are when I try to send it, it says "No recipient defined" when in fact I have the name defined with NO spelling or punctuation mistakes. This never happened to me and I'm using Safari, and it also does the same with Explorer as I just checked it myself.

I don't want to reveal my email address out publicly, but I have 2 email addresses so I'll use one for Wolf3d purposes. Metalor here is my email address and anytime any of you guys want me to beta-test an upcoming mod, remember it as well:
    Hidden Text: Show

--- You have to log-in as registered user to view this text ---
    I'm always up for a challenge :D!

BTW, I'd love to join DHW as I wanted to years back, but I can't since both my emails are hotmail accounts AND I don't want to bother making up another email address at Yahoo or something just to join DHW.
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 21:51

WolferCooker wrote:Problem with my PMs are when I try to send it, it says "No recipient defined" when in fact I have the name defined with NO spelling or punctuation mistakes. This never happened to me and I'm using Safari, and it also does the same with Explorer as I just checked it myself.

Noone else seem to be experiencing the same problem.
    I sent Metalor a PM....and he got it...I had no problems doing so.

Why do you type in names manually?
    You have at least 2 ways to do that automatically....like I do.

Not to mention "way 3" (don't forget the ADD button!)

If it still doesn't work - please post screenshots of the message you send and error message.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 22:02

After you type the nick manually
    (if you choose to do it manually, as you have multiple ways to do that automatically) -

You just forget to press the ADD button to add what you've typed into recipients list:

Trust me - the forum is ok. This is one of the bug-free forums I know :D
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 29 Jan 2012, 23:15

WolferCooker wrote:I'm always up for a challenge :D!

Oooo... You wanted a challenge?...

Good, hopefully my mod can still give a challenge to the more hardcore gamers out there.

StarWolf wrote:Ok, I'll create a sub-forum for you now... you'll be able to see it shortly.

Just tell me what kind of access you want for it - public or only to some wolfers. If only some wolfers - gimme their list (if they are already registered on this forum).

Thanks. I think I'll use that later. First I need to make a forum that spreads awareness of the project here. But until then, I guess the list should just consist of you, me, and WolferCooker.

I'll be sure to make the awareness forum later today.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 29 Jan 2012, 23:19

WolferCooker wrote:Problem with my PMs are when I try to send it, it says "No recipient defined" when in fact I have the name defined with NO spelling or punctuation mistakes. This never happened to me and I'm using Safari, and it also does the same with Explorer as I just checked it myself.
    I've used Safari myself, and while I like its speed, I've found that it has a number of cookie-related issues. That's why I don't use it today. :)

The newest versions of IE aren't much better; they have numerous compatibility issues with many sites, and - reportedly - it actually runs more slowly than any other internet browser currently available, free or not. :shock:

I use Mozilla Firefox for my internet access, and I encourage you to do the same. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 23:22

Metalor wrote:
    WolferCooker wrote:I'm always up for a challenge :D!

Oooo... You wanted a challenge?...

First let him win the "sending PM" challenge :D :D :D

But until then, I guess the list should just consist of you, me, and WolferCooker.

Yes, Sir ! :D

I'll be sure to make the awareness forum later today.

"Awareness forum"? New term to me :roll:
    How do you create "awareness forum"s? And why not to make "awareness forum" the main forum then?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 23:24

Tricob1974 wrote:I use Mozilla Firefox for my internet access, and I encourage you to do the same. :)

:friends:

Yes...once you try Mozilla you never go back to other browser.
    And all the cool add-ons....wow.
    With the addons I have advanced tabs system....can download youtube videos...as video....and as MP3...from within the browser.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Metalor 29 Jan 2012, 23:28

StarWolf wrote:"Awareness forum"? New term to me :roll:
    How do you create "awareness forum"s? And why not to make "awareness forum" the main forum then?

Good question...

Basically I was just gonna repost my latest posts from DHW regarding the Beta testing in a brand new forum post, but I guess, since this is already here, I'll just post that stuff in here.
    Metalor
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jan 2012, 23:31

I'm working on permissions - to limit other people from seeing your subforum
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Next

Return to General Wolf3D/modding Discussion and tutorials