• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Unique/New Sprites

Discuss Wolf3D and Wolf3D modding/ports

Postby WolferCooker 01 Jan 2012, 23:15

UPDATE: The second rotating set of the Allgemeine browncoat guard is finished. Everything is coming along very nicely.

I have also made a change on the guard's helmet so this set won't confuse you from WSJ's Allgemeine set. The change is/will be on every sprite that has the guard facing you.

WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 01 Jan 2012, 23:46

Well, nice work :)
    :good:
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WolferCooker 03 Jan 2012, 02:47

Okay it's all finished! It's up at the Dome if Brian didn't post it up there already. Check it out if you want to.
    WolferCooker

The following user would like to thank WolferCooker for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby WolferCooker 12 Feb 2012, 10:58

After a few failed attempts to complete the rest of the Panzerfaust rocket projectiles, I finally did it!! They will be released soon on Matt's (stathmk) Wolfenstein Goodies site for general use and eventually on the Dome when Brian's hand is better, but as a token of my appreciation and loyalty to you guys here at Team Raycast, I will pre-release them here on this post!

EDIT: Okay here they are. A pre-release present from me to you guys here at Team RayCast!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

The following user would like to thank WolferCooker for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby WolferCooker 12 Feb 2012, 23:06

Here's the reminder post that I released the Panzerfaust rocket projectile sprites in the post above!
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 13 Feb 2012, 00:04

This is very nice :good:

Much better than the rocket projectiles we would normally use.

Is there any special explosion for those?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WolferCooker 13 Feb 2012, 02:38

I did make a special explosion set for personal use because the sprites used are from WSJ and Ryan De Haast. I try to be as original as I can with recycled sprites and use them in different ways and combinations.

With the combination of WSJ's Totenkopf SDL rocket smoke (better than the original Wolf3d rocket smoke) and Ryan De Haast's unused "Double Trouble" flamethrower explosion that can only be seen in editing programs, I made a RTCW-like rocket explosion instead of the usual Doom explosion,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 15 Feb 2012, 00:37

It's not the greatest explosion set since sliced bread, but hey it's worth trying something different.
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 10 Mar 2012, 03:48

This originally came from James Ingham and Zach Higgins so give them thanks for starting this old yet unfinished idea.

If you look at their Project Vertilgung sprites on Chaosedit, you will see some unused sprites since it was originally planned as a 60 level mod and ended up as a 20 level demo. Among them is an unfinished set of what appears to be a 8- sided directional version of the Flamethrower SS enemy.

Well, it's about time this idea comes to fruition after all these years. I will finish making the rest of those sprites. I've already made face changes to the "standing-still" set of the Flamethrower SS (the first 8 sprites) since the set James Ingham and Zach Higgins made does not match with what they were going to make with the "walking" set (facemask AND non facemask).

Instead of what you see above, this upcoming set will look like this which is the face change I made:

The first 14 out of 49 sprites are already done thanks to Zach Higgins and James Ingham.

UPDATE: I just finished making 11 of the new sprites. So basically it's halfway done. It should be completed and released in the next day or two as this is taking A LOT less time than I originally anticipated.
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 10 Mar 2012, 12:22

I have such guard done alot time ago, and even released him for free use. Even including 8-dir shooting. Well.... it's not exactly the same look, but still...

I had even a few different flameguards based on different guards.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WolferCooker 10 Mar 2012, 21:29

i did not know you already made a similar model StarWolf, but at the same time every mod i played that has a Flamethrower SS enemy always faces you when he moves and attacks like bosses do, and it shouldn't be the case for a regular guard much less a smaller-sized enemy.

I was thinking since this type of model I'm using is one of the most common in mods that have a Flamethrower SS and it's a small sized enemy, it makes sense to treat him as a regular guard and make him blend in more with the common enemies.
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 11 Mar 2012, 00:29

Yes, my flameguards are 8-dir.

Here is one example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3751922/Flame%20Guard.rar
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WolferCooker 11 Mar 2012, 01:43

Those look very good StarWolf! Better than mine/Zach's/James for sure!
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 11 Mar 2012, 07:30

Okay I'm all done making the 8-direction Flamethrower SS! Now if I knew how to access dropbox, the file would already uploaded for use.
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 11 Mar 2012, 09:15

WolferCooker wrote:Those look very good StarWolf! Better than mine/Zach's/James for sure!

Thanks :) I have more, in case you will need more variants :)

Now if I knew how to access dropbox, the file would already uploaded for use.

Do you have an account there?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General Wolf3D/modding Discussion and tutorials