• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Unique/New Sprites

Discuss Wolf3D and Wolf3D modding/ports

Postby WolferCooker 17 Dec 2011, 07:19

I've been holding this back for a while, so I might as well let you guys in on a little secret about my what little wolf3d designing capabilities I may have.

I'm no sprite designer by any means because I don't make mine from scratch and they are not really unique. However, in the past, I have made sprites for my own personal use by either modifying them, recoloring them, or in one case trying to copy off of one starting from scratch as much as I could.

Here's the example of one I tried to copy off of. I'll reveal more later depending on your reactions. Feel free to use them in your mods if you wish.

WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 17 Dec 2011, 10:49

Looking nice :) Thank you :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 17 Dec 2011, 17:40

Very well done! Thanks for letting us take a peek at your hidden talent. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby WolferCooker 17 Dec 2011, 22:57

Thanks guys! :D. I'll reveal them all! However, the upload image link isn't working for me right now so I'll be editing this post later to get them in here when it works again.

In the meantime, picture this; these next set of sprites (when the upload image link works again) are the Panzerfaust and its new unfinished projectiles. The pick-up weapon is not new as it is from Project Vertilgung, but I added a rocket-tip to it to make it look realistic. For the new rotating projectiles, I have made 5 of the 8, but I have given up making the remaining 3 after many tries because I can't seem to make it look like the others. If any of you guys want to make the remaining 3 projectiles or make ones even better than mine, by all means go ahead.

EDIT: Okay here they are. Enjoy!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 17 Dec 2011, 23:37

These set of sprites are the artifact orbs inspired from AReyeP and MCS, though others have used them as well. I just only recolored them with colors never used before except for the orange and green ones.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 17 Dec 2011, 23:48

WSJ has inspired me with his weapon attack sprites in Totenkopf SDL. I like how the gun flashes are yellowish white and have no red tint to them like the original Wolf3d weapons do. In a homage to WSJ, I have recolored the gun flashes to the original pistol, chaingun, and the MCS Mk4.

ImageImageImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 17 Dec 2011, 23:56

Mutant blood pools anyone? Majik Monkee would certainly use these in his OMS mods. These were very easy to recolor. Notice in the 3rd image I replaced the human skull with a damaged mutant head!

ImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 18 Dec 2011, 00:15

Ammo crates! None are really that original though.

ImageImageImageImage

The 1st image is the combination of the green rocket crate from Coming of the Storm and Zach Higgins's ammo clip from that 1 level demo (forgot the name).

The 2nd image with the pistol is basically the ammo crate from The Lost Episodes, just redrawn.

The 3rd one is the rocket crate from Double Trouble and added the rockets from that green crate from Coming of the Storm.

The last one is basically the health crate I showed you guys earlier, but this one can be used as a pick-up sprite if you want to add syringes as a weapon in future mods.
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 18 Dec 2011, 00:26

These set of sprites are nothing new either. I saw a Kreml 3d screenshot with a modified Laz Rojas Flamethrower sprite on the HUD. I liked it so much I copied it since Kreml 3d will not be completed. I also recolored the fuel cans from green to gray to match the Flamethrower. 2 of the 3 fuel cans are from Double Trouble as well.

ImageImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 18 Dec 2011, 00:35

These last set of sprites are unique in a way. I don't know if the coding can ever be done to have a chaingun AND rocket launcher fire at the same time with both of them giving separate damage to enemies, but here are the sprites just for show unless the coding can be done. They are from Project Vertilgung.

ImageImageImageImageImage
    WolferCooker

Postby Dean 18 Dec 2011, 03:34

Wow, VERY nice work there! :)
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 18 Dec 2011, 03:54

Cool! This is becoming a very fun thread. 8)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby WolferCooker 18 Dec 2011, 04:27

I still got more to show! I didn't only work on sprites, I worked on other things as well!

How about a new set of ReadThis borders! A bit out of alignment when applied, but good enough to use!

WolferCooker

Postby WolferCooker 18 Dec 2011, 09:40

I have modified a HUD used in a few mods, but it's not for me. It's for someone else and it's a secret on what they are doing. They are not using this particular model, but they did use my idea on their version.

This HUD can be used if you have the 6 keys, portable medkits, armor, and timer features.
    WolferCooker

Postby Tricob1974 18 Dec 2011, 18:47

Have you played around with my Texture Generator at all yet? It includes sample textures you can overlap with other graphics, and recolor to create some pretty impressive stuff. The sample textures include grass, dirt, and red and blue carpets.
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Next

Return to General Wolf3D/modding Discussion and tutorials