• View unanswered postsView active topics

• [fix released] "Batman: No Man's Land" released

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 11 Mar 2015, 20:43

3.5 years in the making (3 years of active development), Team RayCast would like to release its latest mod:

Batman: No Man's Land - Sequel to "Batman vs. Bane".

http://www.moddb.com/mods/batman-no-mans-land/downloads/batman-no-mans-land-release

Featuring story, level design, music and voices by Ronwolf, art by Doomjedi, programming by Linuxwolf.
    Special thanks to our betatesters - Kris (Lozer_42), Dean, WLHack, Dark_Wizzie and WolferCooker.

Download size: 25 MB

The story continues... The remaining escaped convicts and supervillains have taken refugee in West Gotham, the part of Gotham destroyed by Bane's earthquake device. The supervillains are split up in sections, which has escalated into a gang war. Knowing for sure they're up to no good, Batman and the GCPD try to arrest them while also saving the innocent people still trapped inbetween the fighting sections. But knowing these supervillains, arresting them will not be a walk in the park...

Please read readme before playing!

Have fun!
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 29 Mar 2015, 08:34

russian forums wrote:Amazing! Here, I think you need not just a medal - but an Order of Honour!
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 29 Mar 2015, 10:13

russian forums wrote:Too bad you can't strafe normally. In Eisenfaust Legacy at least there were some special control options/definitions (even there there were things to improve)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 04 Apr 2015, 02:27

Any way to get rid of mouse movement (in favor of pure mouselook) with the port you're using? I know it's authentic to original Wolfenstein 3D behavior but it gets in the way of gameplay when you're used to modern controls. Unfortunately, unlike Doom wads which are very straightforward, I'd have no idea where to begin trying to use this with a different port (I'm partial to ecwolf, which has the mouse behavior I desire).
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby linuxwolf 04 Apr 2015, 07:18

I don't think it gets in the way since we don't support mouse look up/down.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Lozer_42 05 Apr 2015, 05:10

This has been a topic of discussion that has come up a few times on DHW. I can understand, with how modern games handle their controls. Having an option that has the mouse only turn, and not move at all would be more accessible to people that are so set in their ways with that...
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 06 Apr 2015, 10:05

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9gG-c5y3g[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    Ron

Postby DoomJedi 06 Apr 2015, 17:44

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3njrM22kco[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdrzkIQ5D88[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 06 Apr 2015, 22:35

Some nice words from a friend of mine, who is also a big Batman fan:

You composed the music right? I'm seriously so happy to be watching this! I’m so proud! This is awesome!

Whaat???? That is so awesome! That’s great. I’m going to share this with some of the bat community (if they’ll still have me)

I’m super impressed and proud of you, man!
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 06 Apr 2015, 22:44

From the Wolf3D Haven:

This mode is pure gold! I absolutely love throwing batarangs! The only two issues I had are: 1) When I use the electric cannon, I can kill everyone with one electric shock, including the bosses. It seems strange to me that you can kill a boss with one shot... 2) My final stats are showing 86% even though I reached 100% ratio in each level...

Electric shocker killing bosses and enemies in one shot? That is weird indeed, definitely something to take a look at asap. And what's up with Wolf3D mods and stats that are always wrong. Literally occurs in every big mod :D
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 06 Apr 2015, 22:49

linuxwolf wrote:I don't think it gets in the way since we don't support mouse look up/down.

Actually, I believe you can use the mouse to walk AND look around, so I can understand if it is a bit frustrating for those who prefer modern controls. If not for this one, perhaps it's something to be considered for our next mods.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby linuxwolf 06 Apr 2015, 22:57

I'd like to think only players without experience with wolf3d are experiencing those difficulties.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 06 Apr 2015, 23:15

Ron wrote:Electric shocker killing bosses and enemies in one shot? That is weird indeed, definitely something to take a look at asap.

LinuxWolf, please do.
    We need to issue an urgent fix if it does.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 06 Apr 2015, 23:23

linuxwolf wrote:I'd like to think only players without experience with wolf3d are experiencing those difficulties.

True, but our mods have a broader reach compared to the average mod. Especially thanks to the article on RockPaperShotgun (and I have promoted the mod in other circles as well), we are attracting people who do not typically play Wolf3D mods. So perhaps it is time to adapt to modern times a bit (or at least give the option).
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 07 Apr 2015, 01:51

Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Next

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion