• View unanswered postsView active topics

• [release] "Operation Eisenfaust: Legacy" released!

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 06 Aug 2015, 09:18

I think 1-2-3 new secret maps can do.
    + mutant randomization.
    Maybe to make chaingun even less accurate and so very wasteful.

Also inserted new knight frames and new headshots for non-mutant SS and officer.
    For mutant ones I was a bit lazy + I think mutant-blooded head to explode looks more horror-style and purple goo looks more slimy to us subconsciously, and also to add headshot variety. And because I was lazy. But if you insist...
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 08 Aug 2015, 15:21

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPgZJqM5Jxw[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 08 Aug 2015, 16:54

How about a weapons pack or change of clothes pack or something? I'd suggest not changing the basis of the game too much.

Insert the option to give all the enemies Santa hats or Bunny ears or something... lol :D
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 10 Aug 2015, 08:23

...and we're over 1000 :)
    :beer: :beer: :beer:
    Another opportunity to thank the team for the great effort on this mod. Epic mod by all scale.

So...what about the special release? LinuxWolf, are you on board? Ron?

Guys, can someone check the music reports of wrong or missing musics on secret levels?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 14 Aug 2015, 16:15

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS5tO0BfhN8[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 14 Aug 2015, 16:33

Hope he does "NML" next :roll:
    One can dream :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 19 Aug 2015, 14:26

russian forum wrote:Passed first 6 levels. Really scary, especially without saves and when you're playing pistol starts.But some spots it's too much. For example, SS with STG in split second can make a player into pile of grinded meat, if he'll only lose focus for 1 second or will even try to. Well, I understand, that STGs do turn a person into pile of grinded meat, but damn, attempting to pass the same area for 6th time is not something one desires. And piles of medkits in this case (I'm talking about level 6) won't be much of a help - what's the use if you're killed that fast.
    At first, ammo is perfectly scarse, but near the end of the levels you can eat them with your ass. Secrets at the sewers not interesting to look for, knocking every wall.

I'd advise the authors to add more stealth elements into the mod, or at least to increase the intellect of the Bosses. Damn, to walk the cool Boss due with 2 chainguns around a column is damn not interesting.
    As the engine goes, I'd like to see System Shock style one...with elevators, different floor and ceiling height, dynamic lights, slopes and walls not 90 degrees, but tiled.
    But I understand that's pervert. Easier to do this under zDoom, rather than modifying Wolf3D. Though SSh was just such an engine.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 21 Aug 2015, 12:09

Guys on the russian forum say in reply that here is Wolf4SDL version already implemented all those controls:
    http://www.areyep.com/diehardwolfers/viewtopic.php?t=5326&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
    One can analyze and copy relevant code into our games.

+ regarding the music:

russian forum wrote:Now listening to the music with high quality headphones and I realize : TOO many basses. Even so much that it hurts my ears, till I need to shut down (turn?) equalizer. For damm Denn for 200 rubals bases are just fine. Donnow, maybe you deliberately enhanced basses so that people with preciate the power of sounding....
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 26 Aug 2015, 21:44

russian forums wrote:Passed it on easy skill. Liked it very much.

There is too many ammo and medkits - last third of the game I 90% of the time was running with chaingun with almost full medkit inventory. This amount is ok for easy skill level, but somehow you need to cut it down for harder skill levels......................

I liked very much the ability to use tech - immidately it reminded me a short level from third episode of first BloodRayne, where you get to control a walking tank - here you can almost half a game pass inside those.

Last 5 "hellish" levels - real hell, good concept. Only the end is not so impressive. I pulled the Bosses out of that room, ran outside - and just shoot them all with rockets at the doors, and even didn't notice that there was a final Boss there (Zombi-Hitler?)

And yes, for Bosses - if you can make them move faster and more random...or to increase their intellect.

Urgently to add ability to disable mouse movement, WASD, mouselook is there, and generally moving with he mouse didn't bother that much, but when you control tech and rotate - and he is during that doing step backwards or forwards - does irritate a bit
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Lozer_42 30 Aug 2015, 03:28

I would agree that there's too much ammo in general for the last 1/3 of the game, even on harder difficulties. always full on most weapons and just spamming rockets and chaingun...

Something to keep in mind for future stuff. Severely limit the ammo we give them and force them to use everything because of running out of ammo on their favorites.
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 12 Oct 2015, 18:55

russian forum wrote:Finally passed the mod!

I want to say - it's EPIC! Passed it on one breath from the monastery till the end.
    Found only 1 secret level, and even that one by chance.

Tried to pass monastery without saves - failed to. Gun ammo I have, but the gun itself - not.
    Monks kill if not from second hit - from the third.
    Some really hit you hard.
    "Heretic" monk sprite is overused. And you automatically expect weak attack, unlike the actual fireball.
    Music from "Portal" (TRACK26) is the best in the game, but the Portal itsel...some poor corridor with wooden barrack door. I thought it'll be something monumental.

Hellish levels are great! Though the setting didn't encourage you to look for secrets - so didn't look that much for them.
    At first I thought sceletons are endless, or endlessly resurrecting - and so you need to burn them or break them.
    But it went ok.

The only thing on level 21 when player is spammed from MG42 from all directions, escape is sure possible, but returning to kill them for 100% kills is very...frustrating.

Final level is really hard. Tried to play without saves - all the time got killed by the zombie with Blue Armor "Gutentags".
    Ending didn't please me. Sure, Zombie Hitler is cool, but his entourage...fighting in the background hellish barracks in the middle of huge pool (if you can make it)...I expected something more epic.

And the room itself where Bosses come from - it has 4 golden crosses. How you can somehow lure Hitler out, 4 "GutenTags" and smaller enemies - and yet not to kill Hitler prematurely, trying to get all the rest or lure them away, fastly run into the room and get the treasure....and all this for just 4 crosses. What the hell?

About the chaingun I can't say it's the most uberweapon. First, it has large spread over large distances and wastes tons of ammo. Secondly - against Mechas and UberMutants with weapons more serious than fists and knifes - it's not effective at all. For them - only RPG "rules".
    And finally, skeletons have this nasty disgusting habit of spread into 1000s of bones if gibbed.
    At close distance it's like shotgun effect, so against them I fought with a gun. And chaingun, if there were hordes.

Would be nice if Mechas would crash scenery, trees and specially MG42 with nazis.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 12 Oct 2015, 19:20

Found only 1 secret level, and even that one by chance.

Odd, because most aren't that hard to find, really.

Music from "Portal" (TRACK26) is the best in the game

One of my tracks, nice to hear :)

The only thing on level 21 when player is spammed from MG42 from all directions, escape is sure possible, but returning to kill them for 100% kills is very...frustrating.

Perhaps it would have been better to redo that level.. the original concept didn't work in the engine, so it was sort of a watered down version. Oh well.

Would be nice if Mechas would crash scenery, trees and specially MG42 with nazis.

Might be an interesting addition for Blitzkrieg, using 'x' button to sprint and in that way, crush obstacles in order to free up paths.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 12 Oct 2015, 19:39

Hard to map when one can break to much blockable scenery.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 12 Oct 2015, 19:43

Then we should have some non-breakable scenery, eh :D
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby linuxwolf 12 Oct 2015, 22:40

Will require remapping if done in Legacy though. :)
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

PreviousNext

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion