• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Operation Eisenfaust : Origins

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 27 May 2013, 21:05

I love how players of this mod use ALL of the weapons....I think this is weapon balancing achievement no great Wolf3D mod has really achieved...like ever....chaingun to be used not only for Bosses etc....
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 27 May 2013, 21:18

Everything about those walkthroughs amazes me...about our mod.
    The challenge, him dying even from our first easiest Boss, him being actually tactical and even scared of some enemies, retreat, regroup, reload, weapon change.........him spending so much time in one area like in real warfare where you need to smartly and patiently take over all of the threats and guards.......
    I think I underestimated our achievement even till those videos...we got used to it, playing it so many times...but now seeing other playing it...they show pure love to this mod, they - show how great and perfect this mod is...and how it is better than many Doom mods....that's an achievement...kudos to us all, really....we really balanced this mod to perfection....

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/iVxBK6BrVyY[/youtu_be]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    linuxwolf

Postby DoomJedi 19 Aug 2013, 09:42

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j90bekGgCxY[/youtubehd]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 21 Aug 2013, 09:10

[youtu_behd]http://youtu.be/vzokVYwoCgI[/youtu_behd]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 08 Sep 2013, 16:46

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w79YxckO4G8[/youtubehd]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Cyanosis 27 Jan 2014, 08:31

:)

This was arguably one of the all-time best Wolf games I've played up there with Spear Res/EoD and WSJ's classics (Totenkopf/Eisenritter/Heimzahlung/Storm) as well as Orb of Dilaaria. Very long but very good, even though some maps did seem like fillers e.g. it could've been shortened and still had the same effect (too many samey maps with the prison and outdoor snowing/trainyard levels) and the ending could've been more climatic (the boss was nothing special unlike Josef Mengele which btw that was an awesome reference and it felt very satisfying killing that evil prick) but regardless it was brilliantly designed.

Even with its initial controversy for the original vision I still think it translated very well for the Wolf3D universe using the Mutants and it makes sense because the Mutants are seen as being lower than human, only they are literally subhumans in this case. This is the first time I ever actually felt bad for them, and the things being done to them was just terrible. I have never seen so much purple blood LOL. I was rather reminded of how the Vortigaunts were treated in Half-Life 2, especially the Mutant with the mop. Well done there with the sympathy, it makes one look at the Mutants differently since I'm so used to them being the asshole of Wolf3D. It ties in well with how a lot of add-ons have Mutants rebelling against their Nazi creators, because frankly, you make something that deadly not to mention intelligent enough to think for itself, what makes you think they're going to obey some mere human? But enough of my blab on this matter!

I actually thought it ended at Area 25 because I noticed the last intermission art in the game folder and was surprised when it wasn't quite over yet! The Bazooka guys were intense to fight! I actually wondered about their use since they were very rare and restricted to secret areas earlier in the game, but then the introduction of them and the new chaingunner was quite the addition for the last hectic handful of maps when the Nazis decided to pull out all the stops to the last one and brought in reinforcements to suppress the Mutant revolt. That was handled very well, so kudos for saving that stuff for the last part of the game, the environmental destruction with the broken walls, holes in the ceiling and debris was really cool too!

So otherwise I have a question, I unlocked 9 of the 10 bonus maps which I've yet to play (including the bonus xmas maps so I still got quite some replay value when I go back!) but I am curious; where are the other two secret maps' exits located on? I found the first one at the end of Area 9 which was very easy, but the last two elude me and those are probably the required ones for unlocking the 10th bonus map. I could just warp to them if I wanted to play them I suppose but I'd rather do it the proper way. That's all, once again I really enjoyed this game. Definitely looking forward to your future projects! I've yet to play that Batman Vs. Bane game, which looks very professionally designed so I'm sure I'll have a good time on that one too. Cheers!

E: Need I add that the MP40 was the most satisfying MP40 I've used in any Wolf mod to date? Along with the sniper rifle. :D
    Cyanosis

The following user would like to thank Cyanosis for this post
    DoomJedi, linuxwolf, Lozer_42

Postby DoomJedi 27 Jan 2014, 09:49

Thank you very much for this detailes and intelligent feedback, welcome to our forums!
    :beer: --]8-(
    [-]--O

This was arguably one of the all-time best Wolf games I've played up

Oh, thank you, such a honorable list :)
    Well...now wait for our next mods in development :) We love to compete with ourselves, and try to make each mod better than previous works. Follow us here, or on other Wolf3D forums or on Moddb.

the boss was nothing special unlike Josef Mengele which btw

Was that reference still in? We probably missed that...as in public version we tried to remove all such references. I'm glad you loved it though :)

even though some maps did seem like fillers e.g. it could've been shortened and still had the same effect
    Indeed, you're not the first to give such feedback.
    (http://taw.duke4.net/2013/01/wolf3d/operation-eisenfaust-origins/)
    Don't remember the initial reason for large level number...maybe we were just in a different mind back then, and too map amounts from more classic Wolf3D mods where usually there is large map number...but maps there are also easier and faster to map. Or maybe it was to make the large coding and art effort worth....or maybe because we had 2 mappers for this and just wated to make spots for all of them to get their ideas out....or maybe it's because of such a long development (4 years) and mappers wanting something to do and more ideas come in....or maybe we just didn't think of the matter too deeply - like we probably should have.
    Our next mods will have less maps.

I still think it translated very well for the Wolf3D universe using the Mutants and it
    Thank you, we hoped it will...it was important. That idea was brilliant - it makes the mod different ("This is the first time I ever actually felt bad for them"), brings it back to Wolf3D/BJ universe and timeline, mutants people are used to kill anyway, their blood is not red and so less shocking...etc...etc... Perfect in all senses. Sure we lose quite a bit of the original vision...but hey - life is all about compromises....which are especially hard for artists and creative people with a vision.

I have never seen so much purple blood LOL
    It was enlightening for me to learn how shallow some people are...you change blood from red to purple - and suddenly you don't care about those living and breathing creatures, have ok to see them being subhuman, such blood is not shocking anymore and doesn't even look like a gore...go figure :) It's all about color :) And we talk about racism...

I was rather reminded of how the Vortigaunts were treated in Half-Life 2
    Never played Half-Life :oops: But comparison for such games is flatteting.

and was surprised when it wasn't quite over yet!
    The original game was part of a planned trilogy...which we had to scrap for known reasons.

Need I add that the MP40 was the most satisfying MP40 I've used in any Wolf mod to date? Along with the sniper rifle
    Thank you :) We keep the reloading for our next project...but will experiment with other significant weapon dynamics, hope it'll work well...modding is about trying something new...even if last variant worked very well and had a success :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 11 Feb 2014, 16:32

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t944tF2pcUQ[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    Dean

Postby DoomJedi 15 Feb 2014, 11:33

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwpSDvs6xC0[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 17 Feb 2014, 22:43

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfpIoe6Uo5I[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Dean 19 Feb 2014, 05:51

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lAM76vZlfc[/youtube]
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Dean for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 21 Feb 2014, 13:03

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8JdWtOA-kk[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    Lozer_42, Ron

Postby Lozer_42 25 Feb 2014, 05:42

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un62Y7CvpU8[/youtube]
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Lozer_42 for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 25 Feb 2014, 10:07

I see I did miss remapping of some ceiling textures :oops: ....pretty embarassing, as I was checking the maps so hard......
    You gotta remember though I was getting no mapper help at that point, and it's alot of levels to scout through with wallclip. Those floor/ceiling walls you need 3D view to search. Walls were easier to find as you could see them in ChaosEdit.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Lozer_42 25 Feb 2014, 11:45

I didn't notice anything at all, and it didn't look like he did either... :unknown: though those boss sounds seemed out of place...
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

PreviousNext

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion