• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Operation Eisenfaust : Origins

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 08 Nov 2012, 19:14

"Operation Eisenfaust : Origins" by Team RayCast.

Download:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3751922/OEF_origins.rar

Screenshot:

Plot:
    You are BJ Blazkowicz

The Nazi's were slowly but surely losing the war, but rumours had it that the
    Nazi's were working on one final all or nothing tactic. A camp had been set up,
    but what had been taking place at that camp was unknown at the time. Infamous
    Nazi doctors had been seen entering the camp, but the how and why were still a
    mystery.

A spy hardly ever gets a break, and the same goes for BJ. You had hooked up
    with the Underground after defeating Hans Grosse, where you were informed about
    Dr. Schabbs and his 'Operation Eisenfaust'. The camp was linked to the
    operation; it was rumoured that it was here that the experiments took place.
    You were sent in for investigation.

But something went wrong and you were caught. You got confirmation that
    experiments had been taking place, for you were to become a test subject very
    soon...

Credits:

Coding:
    AlumiuN
    Havoc
    LinuxWolf
    Tricob
    Andy

Mapping:
    RonWolf
    Dean

Art:
    DoomJedi

Plot:
    RonWolf

Music:
    Tricob
    Lozer_42
    RonWolf

Additional help:
    Vermil, BrotherTank (Misc code taken from Bunker SDL Source)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 09 Nov 2012, 01:52

A compliment to my fellow teammates for getting this out there! :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    Dean, DoomJedi, linuxwolf

Postby Dean 09 Nov 2012, 10:10

I completely agree!

Gotta say Max, I've just had a play through this, and to be honest I was lukewarm on the idea to begin with, but you've done a fantastic Job! I never thought it would have translated as well as it has, it looks fantastic and looks like a completely different game! Big credit to all involved from me too! :Bravo: :good:

Oh and -> http://deans-wolf-blog.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/realeased-operation-eisenfaust-origins.html

I've also set up a permenent download links at the blog for Team Raycast projects also, on the right hand side.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 09 Nov 2012, 11:25

Dean wrote:I completely agree!

Thank you guys, I much preciate it. :beer: I hope it ends my "bad karma" with you guys....and it took me alot of effort and creativity...but I really felt I owe that to you, and I really wanted more people to enjoy and preciate your work.
    ...after I'll wait a bit more time to see how safe it is - it'll go to ModDB as well, and most of the "not yet played" gamers are there.
    I already wrote Balames not to mention Sonder on review, and got an answer from him.

and to be honest I was lukewarm on the idea to begin with

Yes, I felt it from both of you, between the lines it was clear (and it was a weight of responsibility on my shoulders). But I was encouraged by your trust - in trusting me to do with this mod whatever I feel is needed to release it and to keep the original mapping/feel. That was trust directly in me, very personal trust I preciate much, especially after all we've been through.

but you've done a fantastic Job! I never thought it would have translated as well as it has, it looks fantastic and looks like a completely different game! Big credit to all involved from me too! :Bravo: :good:

Yes, I've respected your vision and design for the maps and areas, and have put alot of carefull thinking what art to replace with what, taking into account other scenery and walls (aka "scenarios") usually placed around it, color scheme (keep brown for crematoriums)...to make it look very natural within it's surroundings and keep the original idea of the room/area and things placed within it - to keep the flow of the original map.
    I'm glad you're able to notice and preciate this.
    This was my respect to you as mappers.

Thanks! :) :friends:
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    Dean

Postby DoomJedi 09 Nov 2012, 11:40

First - I really want to thank LinuxWolf for "waking us up" from our "sleep" regarding this project, pessimism and creative dead end of ideas regarding possibility of a "safe concept" of such. His feedback, support and offering of coding help really resurrected this project.

He inspired me to come up with such a simple and great concept of turning prisoners into mutants - which was a key thing in this TC.
    Looking back and thinking of it - it's hard to underestimate on how my idea was great :oops: :oops: :roll: .

1. Mutants replacing prisoners automatically put us into a safe Wolf3D timeline/universe, especially important is the clear fictional element.

2. If you accidentely kill a "prisoner" - is still "just" a Wolf3D mutant for god's sake!! You killed a Wolf3D mutant which are killed at tons in every second Wolf3D mod, including the original Wolf3D. Making a prisoner a Wolf3D enemy was so fu..ing brilliant.
    Yet empathy has some interesting trist to usual Wolf3D mod (sure playing as mutant), and it reminds us mutants were once humans.

3. Purple blood (unlike red blood) doesn't auto-evoke in us feeling, horror, unwanted associations etc etc...again - brilliant IMHO.

4.......I can go on :)

But I want to thank all of us - mappers, coders, sound artists...for creating something good enouph to look epic even after such a conversion...such a great mapping, such cool coding features........
    :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby linuxwolf 09 Nov 2012, 14:58

I want to thank Dean, Ron and StarWolf for allowing me to do my bit to help. It gives me great pleasure to see Eisenfaust in the hands of Wolf3D gamers and it is humbling to think I had something to do with its success. But 99% of the credit is owed to the original team who created Sonder and I hold great respect for the individuals behind that mod.

StarWolf, the story of Eisenfaust evolved from a simple yet genius idea that you came up with. It became very engaging and thought provoking very fast. It fit perfectly in the Wolf3D narrative and provided insight into unanswered questions from the original game. As creative director of TR you did an incredible job on this.

I have to credit you on the art side as well. You met the art challenge of Eisenfaust with tremendous energy and focus.

Thanks again to all of TR for the opportunity to do my part in Eisenfaust! :Bravo:
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank linuxwolf for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 07 Dec 2012, 22:49

Caleb26 wrote:Right now I'm playing Operation Eisenfaust Origins. It's awesome.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    linuxwolf

Postby DoomJedi 24 Jan 2013, 17:50

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 24 Jan 2013, 18:16

Quite touph review.

For one remark I ask an excuse (I was sorry for that later) - it's my mistake remapping the freezerooms, when I made the door floor to be seen from outside. From the other side - noone was ready to help me remap this.
    I do plan to fix this on next release.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 24 Jan 2013, 18:46

Good review, good constructive feedback. Nothing tough about it, just honest criticism.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Dean

Postby DoomJedi 25 Jan 2013, 17:57

Gambini says:
    January 25, 2013 at 5:06 am

Haven´t read the whole review yet. But this is so cute! It´s awesome how someone can lock himself within the limits of the oldest FPS game and still managing to make it look appealing and fresh as hell (no pun intented).
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 19 Feb 2013, 03:51

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bot8YD82HTA[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Dean, DoomJedi, linuxwolf, Lozer_42

Postby DoomJedi 19 Feb 2013, 12:05

Oh, maaan, long awaited! Amazing news :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 08 Mar 2013, 03:39

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmaA19g1dH4[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

DoomJedi, linuxwolf, Lozer_42

Postby Dean 09 Mar 2013, 00:02

He did well with my level, not EXACTLY how the level was designed to be played, but he still did well! :)
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Next

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion