• View unanswered postsView active topics

• NetWolf

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 10 Oct 2012, 09:17

This project was started on 04/02/2012 (team mostly of me and Lemm) - but has been on hold for quite a while because of Lemm's (maker of "NetKeen" - multiplayer "Commander Keen") prior commitments, till this message from today:

Lemm wrote:no srry i don't have time

anyways, most of the network code is done, so you could probably hand it off to an experienced wolf coder to finish up the rest of the game.

or you can just release it as a demo, up to you.

So I now need to decide what to do with it. Multiplayer already works and was tested and is playable... (enemies are not yet coded multiplayer-wise) Support for at least 4 players (up to 8 )

Note: This uses DosBox IPX Tunneling feature (just like NetKeen) so currently is for DosBox only, no SDL.

Is any serious coder interested to take it from there?

Or should I release it as a demo, or open source (one sure has to keep Lemm's and my credit)? For a demo - it's demo of players only, no enemies...you can put in enemies but I'm not sure how will they react to multiple players.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby ArcaneXeno 23 Jan 2016, 01:59

I code but I'm not really a programmer. However I would be interested in studying the inner workings, I can't promise anything.
    ArcaneXeno

Postby linuxwolf 23 Jan 2016, 03:48

We have an SDL version of net wolf. It is a different project I worked on. Can't remember the name of it now. Perhaps Jedi can fill you in.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 23 Jan 2016, 12:45

Yes, it's called a "Wolf3D Arena".
    It has subforum here I can add you access to...LinuxWolf can update you on his latest source and features.

Though I can invite you to original DropBox folder as well, of the original NetWolf (based on the same engine as NetKeen):
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bvx_8A4uiA[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion