• View unanswered postsView active topics

• [released] Batman vs. Bane feedback and support

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 17 Jun 2012, 00:24

"Batman vs. Bane" was released!!!

http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t2424-batman-vs-bane-sdl-released

Brian wrote:Team Raycast has released the first part of 'Batman vs. Bane SDL'. It has 10 very well designed levels made by Ronwolf. The mod is city based and features many different scenarios. Virtually all graphics have been changed, many done by Doomjedi. There are a lot of sound, music and code changes too. It all blends well together. There's more info, including a fuller credits list, in Read This. Vista/Windows 7-compatible.

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 17 Jun 2012, 00:25

Note you need to use the "use" key ("space") to read Riddlers clues and other hints.

The same key is useful for a few other things you might discover :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Lozer_42 20 Jun 2012, 02:35

Balames has a video up. :)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcCtUhPag9s[/youtube]
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Lozer_42 for this post
    DoomJedi, linuxwolf

Postby DoomJedi 22 Jun 2012, 19:05

I'll translate it from russian later :)

Akuul wrote:Если учесть что я сейчас играю только в моды "Wolf-3d" а все ранее вышедшее уже пройдено то "Batman vs. Bane" здорово выручил. Опять-же и сам мод сильно увлек оказавшись хорошим сюрпризом. Единственное поначалу было немного непривычно из-за отсуствия огнестрела. И как писал это привносило некоторую нервозность. Ведь по сути каждый поединок становился своеобразной рукопашной схвакой. Но потом втянулся. К тому-же мало помалу боекомплект сейчас собран по максимуму хотя после встречи с Scarecrow остался практически пустой растратив все боеприпасы. Кстати очень понравилось то что на некоторых уровнях можно было временно избежать открытого столкновения с боссом. Т.е. босса можно было обойти так сказать оставив "на потом". Мне кажется ранее такого ни к кого не было. И если в игре появлялся здоровяк то надо было его устранять т.к. дальше не пройдешь. Здесь же усугублялась атмосфера страха. Ведь опасность оставалась и в лице врага могла появится из-за каждого угла. Например в канализации (я так условно назвал этот уровень) пришлось здорово понервничать бегая по лабиринтам в то время как где-то следом носился Killer Croc. Отдельно понравилось (на том же уровне) что после смерти босса, когда казалось что главная проблема решена в одном из залов вывалилось несколько автоматчиков что тоже заставило малость потрудится. В общем так можно многие если не все участки игры расписывать. Так-же думаю не ошибусь если скажу что оригинальным было ваше решение задействовать двух боссов на одно уровне. Правда, с доктором бросающего шприцы я справился быстро. Точнее между нами было препятствие и не составило труда "растреливать" его со стороны не боясь того что он приблизится.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 22 Jun 2012, 19:19

(this is fast translation, to save time)

Akuul wrote:Taking into account I play now only "Wolf3D" mods, and already played every older mod, "Batman vs. Bane" saved me :)
    Again - the mod itself was a pleasant surprise. The only thing was at first getting used to lack of firearms, and that added some nerviousity, as every fight was kind of "hand to hand" combat. But later got used to it. Also, slowly I collected nice ammo collection by maximum, though after ScareCrow fight I was left basically without my ammo supplies.
    BTW I very much liked the fact that on some levels you could temporary avoid open face-off with the Boss, meaning that you could 'leave him for later". I think noone ever implemented that before. Every time a Boss came out in other mods - you had to get him off your way, otherwise you can't advance. Here, this really deepened the feeling of fear, as the danger of suddenly meeting the Boss was present from every corner. For example, in the sewers (I just named that level that way) I had to be really nervous running corners while Killer Croc whas chaising me.
    Regardless, on the same level I loved that after Boss death, when you thought problem is over, a few autogunners rushed into the area and I had to work hard againt them. In general, there is just too much to descibe about this mod. I also think I won't be mistaken if I'd say that in was original to put more than one Boss on the same level. Thought with cyringe-throwing Doctor I dealed easily, as there was an obsticle between us and I can safely shoot him
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jun 2012, 18:12

Ian Summerfield (Little Cherub) wrote:Just finished an excellent new Wolfenstein Mod by Team Raycast called: "Batman VS. Bane." A very worthwhile play, and I highly recommend it. Get it here: ....
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 03 Jul 2012, 17:00

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytzuOQo6JPM[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 03 Jul 2012, 17:40

I don't get it....how does he calls our thug (which is just basic streetgang thug) ? What's that name and who the f...ck is this guy in Batman universe?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 03 Jul 2012, 18:46

He calls them Danny Trejo, as in the actor who is mostly known from his collaborations with Robert Rodriguez, like Machete. He is also known for being a badass.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001803/

He did the same for Operation: Lestershutz, on which this design is based.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    DoomJedi, Lozer_42

Postby DoomJedi 03 Sep 2012, 17:11

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnWQDhr2n4[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 06 Sep 2012, 14:50

DoomJedi