No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 23 Apr 2012, 18:48

Feedback and discussion here :)

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/nPgvTvxrFM0[/youtu_be]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 25 Apr 2012, 08:53

New beta update - now with support of Wolf3D full, Wolf3d Shareware and Spear of Destiny :)

Batch file now automatically recognizes the files and runs the correct exe.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3751922/SplitWolf-Beta-25042012.zip
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 30 Apr 2012, 14:41

417 views so far :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 07 May 2012, 23:35

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby linuxwolf 08 May 2012, 00:43

:ROFL: Wow! Is this for real?
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 08 May 2012, 08:22

linuxwolf wrote::ROFL: Wow! Is this for real?

http://www.says-it.com/

...or alternatively: http://www.signgenerator.org/

Maybe we'll do as contest for funniest one :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 11 May 2012, 04:20

Thanks for the links, StarWolf. :) I've only done one pic so far, though.
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 17 Sep 2012, 10:55

"SplitWolf" is now on moddb :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/splitwolf
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WLHack 24 Feb 2013, 13:42

Okay... Just for curiosity, are you still working on this, because it was quite promising.
    Yesterday I tried the splitwolf beta2 with my friend but we ran into a lot of trouble:

Controls only for player 1 and 4 were working and if you tried to change the
    controls for any other player than player 1, the game crashed.

Also there were several cases where you ran into an enemy, both of you got stuck
    into the same tile and cases where you couldn't move into a free tile if there was ambush guard nearby.
    e.g (where p = player, x = guard in ambush and W = wall):
    Code: Select all
    [W][W][W]
    [W][ ][x]
    [W][p][W]

That empty spot becomes inaccessible.

We played both original Wolfenstein and Spear of Destiny.
    WLHack

Postby linuxwolf 24 Feb 2013, 15:01

Not actively working on this. We fixed all of the bugs reported from first beta in beta 2. I guess nobody reported the issue you are describing prior to that. We didn't get any more bug reports after beta 2 was released.

I'm sad to hear the game crashed when you tried to change controls for players 1-4. Are you playing 4 player mode? I don't think that mode was tested very thoroughly if at all.

I uploaded the SplitWolf source to DropBox a couple of months ago.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby WLHack 24 Feb 2013, 15:30

linuxwolf wrote:Not actively working on this. We fixed all of the bugs reported from first beta in beta 2. I guess nobody reported the issue you are describing prior to that. We didn't get any more bug reports after beta 2 was released.

Okay...
    linuxwolf wrote:I'm sad to hear the game crashed when you tried to change controls for players 1-4. Are you playing 4 player mode? I don't think that mode was tested very thoroughly if at all.

Actually we were playing 4 player mode because that was the only mode where we could play together...

If I selected only two players and tried to change pl2:s controls -> crash.
    If I selected three players and tried to change pl2 or pl3 controls -> crash.
    And so on...

In otherwords only player 1 had customizable controls.

linuxwolf wrote:I uploaded the SplitWolf source to DropBox a couple of months ago.

Well... If you like, I can take a look and see if I can fix these bugs.
    WLHack

Postby DoomJedi 24 Feb 2013, 16:19

Thanks for testing this WLHack, feedback is much preciated. If there will be beta 3 someday - we'll take those things into consideration.
    Sadly, most wolfers don't have someone to play Wolf3D with (you're one lucky bastard :) ), and so (though people liked it, at least as an idea, and it looked promicing indeed) we didn't get into enouph encouragement and feedbacks thus far to have the motivation to keep working on beta 3 (unless made to full net multiplayer), especially relative to our other promicing and more anticipated projects which are single-player. Sure if you have ideas for this (for example incorporating with your own in-work mods), or even want to enhance it for your mods - you can write here to LinuxWolf and maybe (?) you can work something out (fully depending on LinuxWolf's permission, as this is his code, and it's very dear to him...though again, he was ready to release lite engine code so....who knows, maybe he changed his attitude...(?))...
    Again, don't want to distract you from your own projects (this is what we all here fear --o0-- ), otherwise I'd have suggested you to ask LinuxWolf's permission to further advance this, if it indeed looks promicing to you....maybe even till full multiplayer....as I don't see LinuxWolf focusing on it in any near future.
    BTW We have tons of art which was made for this - which is not in beta 2, just on Dropbox...for more weapons etc.....

So, if you didn't change controls, and played with default ones - beside that "stuck" bug - was it okay?
    "SplitWolf" beta 1 was tested VERY extensively, with very detailed bug report list (most of which we fixed in beta 2), and if there would be something too major - we'd probably know.

we ran into a lot of trouble:

What you described - doesn't look like "alot of trouble" (which I'm glad to hear), if you just play 2 players with default controls ,that are not that bad...

Did you have fun still?

If you played in 4-player mode - player 2 had probably issues with automap display and skin color change...
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby linuxwolf 24 Feb 2013, 16:20

WLHack wrote:Actually we were playing 4 player mode because that was the only mode where we could play together...

I see.

WLHack wrote:Well... If you like, I can take a look and see if I can fix these bugs.

That is a very generous offer. Go right ahead. Ask DoomJedi for access to SplitWolf on DropBox. The source code is zipped up:

SplitWolf/linuxwolf_srcs/lwolf_splitsrc35.zip
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 24 Feb 2013, 16:25

Oh, maaaaan... just got WLHack access to one (!) dev-subforum out of many (after originally getting LinuxWolf's permission for that (this) one), and we are already distracting WLHack from his great and promicing mods.....
    --o0-- --o0-- --o0--
    II<---O

Good news for "SplitWolf", but Wolf3D community is gonna kill me now....and even the team will hang me....
    I--8P
    Baaaad StarWolf....No Santa presents to me this year....
    I'm glad he didn't get to see out other projects.... :D
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    Lozer_42

Postby DoomJedi 24 Feb 2013, 16:28

linuxwolf wrote:That is a very generous offer. Go right ahead. Ask DoomJedi for access to SplitWolf on DropBox. The source code is zipped up:

SplitWolf/linuxwolf_srcs/lwolf_splitsrc35.zip

WLHack - PM me your DropBox account email.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Next

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion