• View unanswered postsView active topics

• [release] Time to Kill - Eisenfaust Edition

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby DoomJedi 24 Jun 2019, 08:31

We proudly present Eisenfaust edition of "Time to Kill" mod (2012) by Thomas. As with every new Eisenfaust Edition - we've got new surprises for you, including new additional enemies, Bosses, weapons, features, enemy actions and attacks, scenery interactivity, missions. So many surprises to discover or get discovered by. Get Psyched!

Main Credits:

Mapping: Thomas (original mod), LinuxWolf (eisenfaust edition)
    Coding: LinuxWolf
    Additional Art: DoomJedi
    New Music: RonWolf
    Testing: GarrettChan (main tester), DoomJedi, WLHack, WolferCooker

Released with permission (and blessing) by Thomas.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/time-to-kill-eisenfaust-edition/downloads/time-to-kill-eisenfaust-edition

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    GarrettChan

Postby DoomJedi 28 Jun 2019, 23:38

Feedback from russian Doom forum:

Very high-quality work it turned out to be. Gameplay is much higher than of the original, each level has its own style. Feats are funny, except maybe snipers, they are a little annoying. Should you add explosive barrels to the game? I reached the 10th level, did not see them yet.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

linuxwolf

Postby linuxwolf 29 Jun 2019, 04:21

They are not disappointed so far, and the barrels will be a pleasant surprise for them as well. :twisted:
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 29 Jun 2019, 12:19

[Snipers - DoomJedi] Yes, but in the corridor they shoot from the windows and they are almost not visible. For the first time it seems that this is just another trick on the speed of running.

Barrels found, cool!

The only thing I can advise is not to put a truck sprite so often. It would be nice to portray instead something like a sculpture or even a bust of some Thor in a horned helmet or something like that.

http://i.iddqd.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1875
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

linuxwolf

Postby DoomJedi 01 Jul 2019, 16:43

Good mod, but the old colors of the ceilings spoil the impression. Even in the original fashion at levels 23–28, 42, and 45 there is a dimming effect (fog), but in this version there is no fog effect.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 06 Jul 2019, 11:52

Can soundtrack can be downloaded separately?
    And I also hope that all of you will make it possible, at least in subsequent mods, to switch music to an external midi port, the benefit that SDL allows. After all, music has been transformed from midi, not written from scratch.
    Here - it is, by the way, with very correctly on FM sounds.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 06 Jul 2019, 12:11

Lol it has been transformed from midi but it was also written from scratch. One doesn't cancel the other out.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 05 Nov 2019, 10:25

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby GarrettChan 06 Nov 2019, 04:21

^I hope they can play until the end though.

Finally I read the post about what actually happened to them. That sounds really sad to me.
    GarrettChan

Postby DoomJedi 06 Nov 2019, 09:36

Indeed, Balames is my good pal. This is very sad and unfortunate.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 08 Nov 2019, 13:34

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 04 Jan 2020, 22:25

This mod is DEFINITELY worth playing!

I figured it was just another rehash of 92's Wolf 3D - there have been many of those made and I usually quit after a few levels. But there are some VERY nice additions here including tanks, and enemies emerging one-by-one from elevators (I like the sound it makes). The enemies sometimes take the artifact of invincibility! I've been waiting for mutants to emerge from the wells, but none have so far.

A glitch I have come across is with the doors. Sometimes they appear closed but enemies and gunfire pass right though them. Also, a dead enemy in the doorway normally keeps it open, but not always in this mod.

I am up to level 20 - The Long Walk. What is the strategy after taking the silver key? The enemy come en masse, and health and ammo quickly run short. The exploding mutants are devastating. When there are no mutants, you can stand just to the side of the doorway and keep stabbing until the inrush stops. That was the strategy for one hidden level of Wolf 3D,, where the enemy would begin to "vanish" as the bodies piled up. You can gain a lot of needed ammo this way. I've used it often in different mods, but some designers seem to be aware of this maneuver and place objects to prevent it.

There is also a cache of treasure in level 20 blocked by an 'artifact of death'. Is some treasure meant to be inaccessible in this mod? in 18 FUBAR, there was a door that would not open. I figured it would eventually open after a short run time to 100% completion, and I reached it quite fast, but nothing happened. I finally cheated and used the editor to remove two blocks from behind it and obtained the 'medal'. Sorry. In 19-Showdown I can only reach 97% treasure, and I've searched many times.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby GarrettChan 05 Jan 2020, 03:01

The door problem has never been solved, so it's still there.

Floor20 is that floor you need to wait. Linux changed it after I said the walk is too long, but I haven't tested whether the SS will run into the Death Artifact and consume it. I don't know whether this person will figure out.

Can't remember Floor18 and Floor19. The time I tested it, they are definitely 100%-able.
    GarrettChan

The following user would like to thank GarrettChan for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby linuxwolf 05 Jan 2020, 15:00

Its a shame the door problem slipped through the cracks. However I am pleased to see the mod is receiving play-time. A great deal of work went into it.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby GarrettChan 08 Jan 2020, 01:05

Now I think about it, I feel kind of sad that I am too lazy to re-test those levels with problems I raised. Dang... just thinking about there are 45 levels already gives me a headache...

It seems these things are true over all these:

If I release a walkthrough of a long thing (like 21 levels of Wolf3D, 32 levels of Doom, etc.), The first few videos have better views, but the one after 3rd or 4th would be bad. Usually the second vid will be half of first vid, and the third vid will be somewhere around 75% of second vid. Then basically after this, everything will be constant.

Games are actually the same, probably 99% of the player (there'll be 1% of people download the game, but they forget or suddenly don't want to play for some reason) will play the 1st level, then maybe 50% will play the 2nd level, and then maybe 30% will play the 3rd level, so forth and so on.

I guess a 21-level standard SoD MOD is a good length. I played SoD Extreme 1 Eisenfaust Ed. for at 3 times in those testing months, and I still feel fine, but I can't even think about T2K.
    GarrettChan

Next

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion