• View unanswered postsView active topics

• [WIP] SplitWolf with separate game controllers

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby lazd 23 Oct 2018, 21:26

DoomJedi wrote:The folder is on retropie, I checked it before, all the art is there.
    Maybe it's installed by default in the wrong folder/subfolder?

Hmmm, delete the lwmp/ folder and reupload it from a Splitwolf release. I just checked, and the folder that my instructions copies has only 120 sprites, whereas the Splitwolf release has 145. That is definitely the problem.
    lazd

Postby DoomJedi 23 Oct 2018, 21:38

Reuploaded the dropbox art folder I have, doesn't help.
    Can LinuxWolf supply the definite art folder his code refers to?
    ...also I'm not sure that's the issue.
    What is the chance for all player sprites (!) and for flag carrying sprites to happen to be part of those non-copied files?

Also, SplitWolf defaults to 1 player each time, doesn't save 2-player config settings.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 23 Oct 2018, 21:43

Game Mode icons are not there, all art that I know IS in those retropie folders is not loaded...none of it
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby lazd 23 Oct 2018, 21:45

DoomJedi wrote:Game Mode icons are not there, all art that I know IS in those retropie folders is not loaded...none of it

This is very odd, it works perfectly here. Go here and download the Splitwolf release, and upload that lwmp/ folder: https://www.moddb.com/mods/splitwolf/do ... litwolf-10
    lazd

Postby lazd 23 Oct 2018, 21:46

DoomJedi wrote:Reuploaded the dropbox art folder I have, doesn't help.
    Can LinuxWolf supply the definite art folder his code refers to?
    ...also I'm not sure that's the issue.
    What is the chance for all player sprites (!) and for flag carrying sprites to happen to be part of those non-copied files?

Also, SplitWolf defaults to 1 player each time, doesn't save 2-player config settings.

Yeah, it defaults to one player every time. You can modify the shellscript to enable two players by default like I mentioned.

Maybe your lwmp/ folder is named wrong? or uppercase? It's working here on multiple platforms using the lwmp/ folder from the Splitwolf release, so the issue is definitely on your end.

I just did a side-by-side comparison of what is in the lwmp/ folder in SplitWolf release and what is there in the repo: It is indeed missing all of the flag carrying sprites as well as the icons for game modes. This is definitely the issue.
    lazd

Postby lazd 23 Oct 2018, 21:54

I pushed the working assets to the repository so you don't have to fiddle with it.

Go ahead and do this:
    Code: Select all
    cd ~/RetroPie/roms/ports/split_wolf4sdl_pr
    rm -rf lwmp
    git pull
    make clean
    make
    printf "#\!/bin/bash\ncd /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/split_wolf4sdl_pr/\n./splitwolf-wolf3d_full --split 2 --splitlayout 2x1" > ../SplitWolf.sh
    chmod 755 ../SplitWolf*.sh

That will pull the known-good assets, rebuild the project, and create new shell scripts that enable 2 players by default.
    Last edited by lazd on 24 Oct 2018, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
    lazd

Postby DoomJedi 23 Oct 2018, 22:38

After update SplitWolf doesn't load at all :(
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby lazd 23 Oct 2018, 22:51

DoomJedi wrote:After update SplitWolf doesn't load at all :(

Get on Discord and we'll sort it out.
    lazd

Postby DoomJedi 23 Oct 2018, 23:32

Doesn't load. Says "no such file or directory (wolf3d-full etc)

And indeed, no splitwolf directories are there now. And lwmp folder is under wolf4sdl-pr all alone by itself.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby lazd 24 Oct 2018, 01:06

DoomJedi wrote:Doesn't load. Says "no such file or directory (wolf3d-full etc)

And indeed, no splitwolf directories are there now. And lwmp folder is under wolf4sdl-pr all alone by itself.

The issue with the file not being found was due to the fact that my instructions told you to clean the result of the make, oops! This will get you going, I just tested it on my RetroPie:

Code: Select all
    cd ~/RetroPie/roms/ports/split_wolf4sdl_pr
    make
    printf "#\!/bin/bash\ncd /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/ports/split_wolf4sdl_pr/\n./splitwolf-wolf3d_full --split 2 --splitlayout 2x1" > ../SplitWolf.sh
    chmod 755 ../SplitWolf*.sh
    Last edited by lazd on 24 Oct 2018, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
    lazd

Postby DoomJedi 24 Oct 2018, 08:42

I'll see when I'll have time to test this.
    Maybe today's evening, if not - I'll have to wait till at least Sunday.

Meantime keep working on it :) Add skin color change binding, at least for r2/l2
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Next

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion