• View unanswered postsView active topics

• [release] SoD Extreme (1) - Eisenfaust Edition released!

No "Sonder" discussion is allowed here! Posts will be deleted

Postby Officer-Michael John 17 Sep 2018, 17:25

Wow. Protocol. My video user name:Protokol. :D So I try to do,that talk a character to player in Simpsons mod. So graphics I can't do as you DoomJedi.
    Officer-Michael John

Postby DoomJedi 18 Sep 2018, 12:08

We currently rank 105 on moddb, things are catching up :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    GarrettChan

Postby DoomJedi 19 Sep 2018, 13:08

Added "moddb" tag/widget that I'll keep updated to point to our latest release

[moddb][/moddb]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby GarrettChan 20 Sep 2018, 07:25

I played the MOD once again, and I'm on Floor13 for now. It's sort of funny that many things I talked about (maybe not complained about) are "fixed". I somehow feel bad about this because I was well-prepared when I did the vidoes, but for players who are playing blind, some of the things are not that powerful. For example, you can't overcharge you health directly to 200% by picking up a 1-UP.

However, I really like the change about the Tank Cannon (no overheat, extra loaded ammo) since it is kind of pointless before. Also, the Dual MG42 is using MG42 ammo now and is moved to Slot5. I forgot whether I talked about Slot4 having too many weapons (3 before the Dual MG42). Now it's pretty good because every slot has 2 weapons. At least I feel that having 3 crossed the threshold of being convenient and will easily lead to pulling out the wrong weapon.

BTW... is there moss codes on the background of Floor20's BGM, like E6M1's BGM?

Overall, I'm still enjoying the game even this is probably the third time I playthrough it.
    GarrettChan

Postby DoomJedi 20 Sep 2018, 08:15

Thank you so much for the feedback! :friends:

Yes, LinuxWolf rebalanced the weapons and in general we took careful notice of your testing remarks.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby linuxwolf 20 Sep 2018, 12:24

Thanks GarrettChan. This mod was a great source of fun for you. The balance changes were done with you in mind. To me you are a very advanced wolf3d player. It's very hard to make a mod that is challenging for you while being fun for the average gamer. I'm very happy with how the mod turned out overall.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 20 Sep 2018, 18:22

Moddb today
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    GarrettChan, linuxwolf, Ron

Postby GarrettChan 21 Sep 2018, 08:28

Finished the third playthrough of the MOD. It is still very interesting. According to the tally, I still remember 95% of the secrets, so I think my memory is OK ;P

I found out that the Tank Cannon still overheats. For some reason, I think it doesn't... well. I saw the tweak of Floor14. I would say the place for the medal is definitely better than the previous location. Also, I saw the Rifle soldiers, which is nice. Without the Dual Chainguns, the strats don't really change that much because the Chaingun is still very reliable. To be honest, I didn't think the team would take my feedbacks (maybe sometimes complaints) this serious and change the game accordingly. This is definitely a compliment to me, so I have to thank everybody in the team.

I understand it's kind of difficult to make everything well balanced because SoD Extreme was a vanilla MOD at the beginning, but it's changed to a more "advanced" MOD later. It's kind of like "adding some more features to a program that you didn't plan to do so", which is definitely a nightmare to every coder.

Even though Wolf3D and Doom are FPS games, I still treat them like puzzle games. The way I play these is that I try my best to find the easiest solution to everything. I still remembered that I used the Sticky Arrows to insta-kill that poor boss in Green Arrow *ROFL* I hope you guys don't mind that I tried to break things like this if possible ;P
    GarrettChan

The following user would like to thank GarrettChan for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby linuxwolf 22 Sep 2018, 01:10

You're definitely someone I will keep in mind to play my next mod. Your puzzle solving approach works very well. I have no hard feelings towards you for breaking things the way you do.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank linuxwolf for this post
    GarrettChan

Postby DoomJedi 24 Sep 2018, 11:28

Can you add WASD Controls in a future update?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby GarrettChan 25 Sep 2018, 05:07

I'm using WASD control... Therefore, I think this person means "A = strafe left, D = strafe right" control scheme, sort of like modern FPS? Although I oppose to this idea, if this can increase exposure of the MOD, it's a pretty good way to do so.
    GarrettChan

Postby linuxwolf 25 Sep 2018, 07:05

In future mods, definitely WASD will be supported. I can't promise it for this version.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Previous

Return to Team Raycast Mods Discussion