• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Doom 2016: the legend of Pocahontas retold

Discuss any other game beside Wolf3D

Postby WLHack 26 May 2016, 00:06

Just for fun, don't take this seriously...
    Anyway, I have been thinking the and it is quite clear the it is just another version of the legend of Pocahontas, especially the Disney's vetsion of it.

The demons are analogue to the native Americans, who just wanted to live in peace but where forced to fight against a powerful, greedy conqueror (the UAC) who came to steal their natural resources (the Argent energy) and enslave the demons for cheap workforce.

Olivia Pierce is the John Smith of Doom, as she turns against her own kind to protect the natives from being oppressed. Unfortunately in this version of Pocahontas, governor Ratcliffe (Doomguy) is victorious because of the players intervention.

It is bit irrelevant who plays the part of Pocahontas in this version, but most likely it will be Cyberdemon as that thing has to adapt to the conquerors manner as well due the cybernetic augmentations.
    WLHack

Postby linuxwolf 28 May 2016, 02:26

In Doom 2016 I was surprised to learn Doom Marine was not an ordinary human but some kind of God from the Hell dimension. Am I interpreting the story correctly?
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby WLHack 28 May 2016, 08:47

linuxwolf wrote:In Doom 2016 I was surprised to learn Doom Marine was not an ordinary human but some kind of God from the Hell dimension. Am I interpreting the story correctly?

I am not quite sure whether he is a god, but definitely not a human...
    WLHack

Postby linuxwolf 28 May 2016, 08:56

Sure. I thought that was a cool element of the story anyway. Samuel Hayden has an interesting back-story as well.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Return to Other games