• View unanswered postsView active topics

• New Doom

Discuss any other game beside Wolf3D

Postby WLHack 14 May 2016, 15:43

I have now played the first two levels and I can assure it is fun and fast-paced.
    I will write actual review once I have completed the game but so far it has surprised my positively.
    There seems to be a nice amount of variation between enemies and weapons and some secrets
    are actually hard to find even though you can see them in automap.
    WLHack

Postby DoomJedi 14 May 2016, 16:20

Sounds great :)

Never played Doom 3....this one I might give a try. I like how it's loyal to the original Doom in designs
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby linuxwolf 14 May 2016, 22:02

I've played through 4 or 5 levels now and have almost defeated the first hell map. I couldn't stop playing it as soon as I picked up the controller. They've done an amazing job on this.

The story is interwoven into the game play by interacting with other characters and listening to dialogue. I think this is done in an exceptional way considering what you'd expect from Doom. I thought it was cool the developers were able to convey your main character's reaction to the story along the way using the hand animations - carefully choreographed alongside the musical score. Incredibly well done and keeps you interested along the way.

I won't say too much as I don't want to spoil any of the surprises for you if you haven't played the new Doom.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Return to Other games