• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Indie developing and modding

Discuss any other game beside Wolf3D

Postby DoomJedi 04 Jul 2014, 01:32

Thank you for your honesty :friends: . I'll try to take note of that. :oops:

Some things are hard to change....I do have a flow of ideas that is sometimes just...too much a flow, and too much unfiltered. And it's indeed hard sometimes for me to let go of ideas...
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 04 Jul 2014, 16:48

WLHack wrote:
    Tricob1974 wrote:I know I have; this would be part of the Action 52 Owns collection. It's basically an outer-space shooter where your ship is equipped with a boomerang. ...
    Hmm... I watched the Galactix gameplay and it seems to be quite simple game to make. Of course thinking up a variety of interesting enemies would take some time. If you ever decide to start working on this, I would be interested to see the result.
    Thanks for your interest. :) The gameplay would be *much* faster-paced than Galactix when I get around to doing this; after all, slow pacing is one of Galactix's main downfalls. But my game's main obstacle - as you said - is not only creating different types of enemies, but creating ones that add to the gameplay. Creating different sprites is easy, but creating ones that don't just feel like makeovers of the same thing is a bit more challenging. As far as coding is concerned though, the most un-fun part of the deal is making my own collision detection. I sort of have this figured out by drawing all the sprites in a particular order, and drawing the stars last. But I still expect many bumps along the way.
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 04 Jul 2014, 16:53

StarWolf wrote:Some things are hard to change....I do have a flow of ideas that is sometimes just...too much a flow, and too much unfiltered. And it's indeed hard sometimes for me to let go of ideas...
    I can actually sort of relate to this. What happened the first few times around was that the gameplay and concept had some "gaps" in it, and your flow of ideas helped to fill in those gaps; the flow of ideas helped things come together. Because of experience though, your newest mods don't have all the gaps that your older ones did when they first kicked off. So now you have a boatload of extra ideas sitting around, and you have nothing to do with them. :(
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby ArcaneXeno 21 Aug 2017, 03:19

I think cortex command took the author around 10 years to release a playable version. I myself can relate to the struggle.... I've made tons of prototypes but never an actual finished game.... With the difference with Cortex Commands author being he made a buck off of his prototype where as I have nothing to show except for warm fuzzy nostalgic feelings. XD
    ArcaneXeno

The following user would like to thank ArcaneXeno for this post
    DoomJedi, Tricob1974

Previous

Return to Other games