• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discuss any other game beside Wolf3D

Postby Ron 27 May 2014, 21:33

Anyone played it? I watched a couple of gameplay videos of it, looks interesting! Definitely has a couple of scenarios that could be interesting for modders.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby linuxwolf 27 May 2014, 23:35

I am playing it. It has a really cool scenario where you're climbing a building with a rope and the Nazis are popping out of the windows trying to kill you. When you kill the Nazis, they drop out of the window and fall to the ground behind you. We could simulate this situation quite easily in a wolf3d mod.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 27 May 2014, 23:39

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Parallax sky, special attacks, slow moving.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 28 May 2014, 08:09

Ron, may I remind you this is a PUBLIC thread. []O
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 28 May 2014, 12:35

Just edit my stuff then.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 19 Feb 2015, 08:18

I just bought this for my PS4 and can't put it down! I'm loving the gameplay, the weapons are ultra cool although don't resemble the original set, although you can double weild pretty much everything, and there's even a high powered shotgun.

It's set in an alternate time in 1960 where the Nazi's won WWII and have taken over the World. I managed to find at least one nod to Wolf 3D. There's a poster of the Wolf 3d title screen on the wall in one of the safe houses.

Anyone else played it? Thoughts?
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Lozer_42 19 Feb 2015, 20:45

I didn't get too far with it. Not into playing video games all that much lately. Too busy. I did find the diesel punk aesthetic... interesting. I wasn't sure what to think about it at first, but it's pretty cool.
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 19 Feb 2015, 21:10

I really enjoyed it. Enjoyably pulpy.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby linuxwolf 19 Feb 2015, 22:37

The shield power-up was very well done. Bullets bounce off it and hit enemies. Excellent graphics.
    linuxwolf
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 20 Feb 2015, 09:37

Yes indeed, all great features.

The weapons are just fantastic. This is probably the best sniper rifle I've ever used in any game plus the laser gun is just awesome!

I'm glad they changed the game style up from the last Wolf game and got rid of all those magical powers and stuff, it's back to just big bad BJ carrying massive weapons way too big for him and shooting the Hell out of everything!! The stealthiness of the mod is fantastic also, you really get a great chance to explore this. The whole mod is just heaps of fun.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 20 Feb 2015, 20:03

Yes, definitely a lot of fun. Love the alternative timeline and the settings as well. They really got the Wolfenstein vibe right, while still doing their own thing.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 21 Feb 2015, 11:53

Ron wrote:Yes, definitely a lot of fun. Love the alternative timeline and the settings as well. They really got the Wolfenstein vibe right, while still doing their own thing.

Indeed. I found the hidden Wolf 3d level! It's level 1 (seems to be hardest difficulty amount of guards). Nil treasure or secret though. Sounds and graphics are pretty close to original. Was awesome getting to play Wolf 3d on my HD TV with surround sound!

Loving this game but taking me a while, yup, i'm a 100% of everything with every game I play, no matter what format. 8-/
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Return to Other games