• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Blood 1 & 2 games for PC

Discuss any other game beside Wolf3D

Postby WolferCooker 22 Sep 2011, 03:12

Any idea where I can download them both?
    WolferCooker

Postby Tricob1974 22 Sep 2011, 04:13

My first try would be a torrent client. I use bittorrent, and haven't had any problems with installation, or running the program. On Windows 7, that's saying a lot. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby WolferCooker 22 Sep 2011, 04:18

Bittorrent? Eww. I've heard there are lots of viruses on that site.

I just saw you can download it on dosgamesonline.com and others, but you need to set up an account to do so. Dunno if it's worth signing up over it because they could grab you by the balls.

Edit: And so they do grab you by the balls. Anybody here happen to have Blood 1 and/or 2 on your computer?
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 22 Sep 2011, 08:09

WolferCooker wrote:Edit: And so they do grab you by the balls. Anybody here happen to have Blood 1 and/or 2 on your computer?

I have both. Blood 1 for sure.
    Hopefully I didn't delete Blood 2 - I can check that when I get home.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Havoc 22 Sep 2011, 11:13

You can buy both games at GOG.com (Blood + addons, Blood 2 + addon). They are preconfigured, so you can play them immediately under Windows 7.
    Havoc

Postby DoomJedi 22 Sep 2011, 16:57

Can't find Blood 2.....there is a slight chance I've deleted it after long time on my harddrive....
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 23 Sep 2011, 00:22

WolferCooker wrote:Bittorrent? Eww. I've heard there are lots of viruses on that site.
    I think you've been mis-informed. There is no bitTorrent site, just an installable EXE, and different servers that host files for it. If you like, you can point me to a link of the torrent you're after, and I can run a virus scan on it, and let you know if it's clean or not (My virus protection is protective enough, if over-protective). :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby WolferCooker 23 Sep 2011, 04:25

Brian told me that Valts has the download links to Blood 1 & 2. I PMed him over at the Haven forums asking him for those links if he still has them.

EDIT: I have good news and bad news. Good news is I managed to get Blood 2's files. The bad news is I still can't play it. There are 2 ways I could play it, but both ways are moot. One way is with the CD, which I obviously don't have. The other is through a standalone server included with the files. Problem is it doesn't have the proper files to access Blood 2. I tried installing the patch that came with it, but it says during the setup that Blood 2 was not properly installed and setup had to be aborted.

I guess I'd have the same problem had one of you guys gave me the files. Maybe fate doesn't want me to play the Blood games :cry:.

I got the Blood 2 files from this website: http://www.fileplanet.com/31210/0/secti ... The-Chosen. Can anyone try this out on their computer and see if it works?
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 23 Sep 2011, 11:08

The Blood 2 version I had needed no server or CD.
    But not only I'm having troubles finding it on my comp - I'm not sure how it can be played under Windows 7. I remember playing it on XP without much problems though.

Regarding Blood 1 - anyone can contact me via PM :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 23 Sep 2011, 11:09

What made you want to play Blood and Blood 2 now? :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WolferCooker 23 Sep 2011, 18:36

Youtube walkthrough clips. I've watched them all a few times over the years. And I also saw someone play Blood 1 in school a year ago. Before then, I never heard of the game "Blood".

Valts gave me a torrent link to both Blood 1 and 2. I have sucked up my ego and I'm downloading them under uTorrent (official version from utorrent.com instead of the counterfeit virus versions). Flippin' taking forever. Elapsed time has been about 6 hours and 30 minutes as of this moment I'm typing this.
    WolferCooker

Postby DoomJedi 23 Sep 2011, 19:07

Well, for Blood 1 you could ask for help :wink:

Blood 1 is sure one of top 3 Build Engine games ("Duke Nukem 3D", "Shadow Warrior" and "Blood"). Cool weapon set, mood, enemies, gore, everything...

There are some cool Doom conversions to it - one is zBlud, one I've contributed hud face frames for.
    (you can see my credits at the link)

http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/ZBlood

Other good Build Engine games include "Redneck Rampage", "Witchaven 1/2", "Powerslave" and a few others.
    You can always ask me over PM for help :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby WolferCooker 24 Sep 2011, 00:47

After 12+ hours of downloading, I finally got the games. They work too.

Thanks to everyone trying to help me here.
    WolferCooker

Postby Tricob1974 24 Sep 2011, 05:55

Good to see you were able to get the games. I'd probably check out the sequel if I wasn't planning to move to another OS. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 25 Sep 2011, 04:30

Did you get them both from that previous link you posted?
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Next

Return to Other games