• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Arrow TV Show (Possible Spoilers)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby Dean 11 Oct 2014, 03:20

The Flash just came into Arrow, well, his alter-ego did anyway. He looks really nerdy and a bit hard to believe as a super hero really. I recognised the name straight off, will be interesting to see how many episodes he's in and how it develops and crosses over from here.

Laurel's annoying me, don't like her much this season.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 11 Oct 2014, 17:35

Well, she'll get better soon.

Barry Allen I loved him right away...he is all Flash actor ever needed and I couldn't believe they have found one actor to merge/mold all of it into him....he has charm, good heart, and alot of inner power and ability to stand up for what he believes at against whoever...like Captain America of DC Universe...
    I love his voice, acting, character, looks...perfect Flash for me...this crossover pilot is what moved CW to order Flash series right away...originally they wanted to show Flash more in season 2...but when they saw what we saw....they knew he needs right away his own series.

the name straight off,
    Not only name...but also many speed/lightning/chemical materials/movement puns (not to mention the collider (in Central City) news...), even his first newspaper scene is famous Flash comics reference.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Dean 28 Oct 2014, 13:02

Finished Season 2 now, the last 8 episodes were fantastic, the show really built up brilliantly, so much happened.

Was happy when Moira died, she was rather annoying but I feel they did her death really well in the show. Thankfully Laurel got something else to do rather than that bullshit alcohol/drugs thing, I really didn't like her much this season.

- I was hoping the Flash would show up again, with a bit of a hint as to who he was becoming.
    - Not enough of the Huntress!
    - China White just disappeared.
    - I like the ongoing thing with Deadshot and A.R.G.U.S.
    - Loved the prison Slade ends up in!
    - Pretty much everyone knows who the Arrow is now!
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Dean for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 28 Oct 2014, 14:05

Dean wrote:Finished Season 2 now, the last 8 episodes were fantastic, the show really built up brilliantly, so much happened.
    House scene with Slade was epic 8)

Was happy when Moira died, she was rather annoying but I feel they did her death really well in the show.
    I agree. But I don't think in season 2 she was as annoying as in season 1...that's great actress and acting.

- I was hoping the Flash would show up again, with a bit of a hint as to who he was becoming.

Now watch season 3 in parallel to Flash season 1...you've got to.

- Not enough of the Huntress!
    Yes, superb acting an character writing.

- Loved the prison Slade ends up in!
    Now you see why island flashback can have any villain escaped from that prison? :roll:
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Dean 24 Dec 2014, 01:07

Started watching the 3rd season. I love what they've done with Thea, finally her character is interesting and not just a whining little pain in the ass!

I was disappointed with them killing of Sara, she was one of the better characters in the show, I'd have rather seen Laurel go then Sara, but anyway...

I've watched the first couple of episodes of The Flash also, and while there's a few little nods there's little need to watch the 2 shows concurrently, until the double cross over of course!
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 24 Dec 2014, 09:10

Dean wrote:Started watching the 3rd season. I love what they've done with Thea, finally her character is interesting and not just a whining little pain in the ass!

You'll love the mid-season finale. The best "Arrow" episode so far, at least to me.

I've watched the first couple of episodes of The Flash also, and while there's a few little nods there's little need to watch the 2 shows concurrently, until the double cross over of course!
    Yes.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 24 Dec 2014, 09:53

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KxIHVGch8I[/youtube]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 02 Apr 2015, 21:25

Both "Arrow" and "Flash" shows are becoming really epic...total nerdgasm.
    Really exciting, touching, visually impressive...complicated plots, great characters and dialogs...
    DC beats the crap out of Marvel...at least it TV series and character divesrity and depth.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 03 Apr 2015, 15:27

Arrow and Flash, from what I've heard (and seen a bit of Arrow).. definitely. Gotham though.. I have not heard many positive things about it, and what I saw was really, really terrible.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 03 Apr 2015, 15:37

"Arrow" and "Flash" are kicking butt. Serious butt.

You can stream all "Arrow" seasons here in HD for free:
    http://strela-online.com/eng/

I love Gotham...The dialogs, acting, mafia stuff....it started very slow and boring, but now it's great, I enjoy it so much...different tone and setting...Less for Bruce Wayne and Alfred, that's kind of childish...but the actors playing all the mafia Bosses are doing such a great job. And penguin is fantastic too. And Harvey Bullock. And Morena Baccarin....Other characters are weaker, but still...those ones are making this show great. I love the self-humor...but not to make it silly, in the right way and amount.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 03 Apr 2015, 17:53

I actually think Gotham is taking the self-references a bit too far.. it is very cringe-worthy, the constant winks to what they'll become. It's kinda stupid, really. Penguin is pretty good, from what I've seen, and I like the main duo. They just need to quit it with the references, and become its own thing. Then, it might have a shot at becoming good.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 14 Apr 2015, 10:49

I'm hearing, and reading, very mixed reports about Gotham. No one I've heard has said they absolutely love it though.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 14 Apr 2015, 11:42

I love it...some actors and characters are weaker than others...but I like the series.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 18 Apr 2015, 15:29

12 episodes in.. so far, I'm liking it. Not a superfan or anything, but a good tv show nevertheless. The backstory on the island is very interesting and compelling, and Arrow is almost constantly pretty badass. That said, all the personal drama is a bit too soap-y and cliché for my taste. I've literally been able to predict what some people are going to say in certain instances, it's kinda boring. But overall, good show so far. The Huntress arc was fantastic!
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    Dean, DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 18 Apr 2015, 16:15

I'm glad you're linking it :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Next

Return to General topics