• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Arrow TV Show (Possible Spoilers)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby DoomJedi 19 Apr 2015, 21:27

Yes, it was great ending to a season...with alot to look forward to.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 20 Apr 2015, 02:24

Up to S02E05.. so far, I really like it. Sara's story was great (and how great of this show that it can pull off such an emotional storyline), and I'm sure it is not the last we see of her, though her being alive was kinda predictable; basically, if you don't see a confirmed kill, they're probably still alive (can't imagine Merlyn being dead, for instance). Hope to see more of the League of Assassins and Ra's (which we probably will).
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 20 Apr 2015, 11:00

Wow, you seem to be hooked into this...doing a marathon :) heh.
    From season 3 you'll need to watch this parallel to Flash, with all the crossovers...

Yes, not the last you'll see her...won't say more.
    Yes, regarding confirmed kill (like his father's death which look very final) - indeed, people are known to come back to life if not totally dead. But the show doesn't overuse this actually...Sarah was probably the main example of such resurrection. And if they can make a good and emotional story for her - that's worth it. For Sarah (note it's a different actress than in episode 1) it's also to spin some future long-term things into motion...the character is essensial.

Redarding "League of Assasins" (Arrow's name for "League of Shadows" of Batman movies, led by Ra's) - won't say much more...but yes, you will see more of them....eventually. Won't spoil more. Reading back my previous posts you can get some clue already. Actually 2 clues.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 20 Apr 2015, 20:10

An alcohol and pills addiction-storyline is basically the writers saying 'we have no idea what to do with this character, but she has to do something'. Season 2 is definitely an improvement over season 1 so far, but Laurel remains the worst element so far.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 20 Apr 2015, 20:23

Ron wrote:An alcohol and pills addiction-storyline is basically the writers saying 'we have no idea what to do with this character

Not really, but I know what you mean...not the most interesting Lauren episodes indeed and your impression is definitely well-rooted. Was mine impression too at the time.

But as they said - everyone has to pass his "Island" to get somewhere...hard times. This is what show creators believe in... Laurel, Roy...She does have a new path even later on in that very season. So this won't last forever. Every character has evolving arc.

Season 2 is definitely an improvement over season 1 so far, but Laurel remains the worst element so far.
    Well, I loved the plot of season 1 better, but the rest is definitely improved...action, scale etc...Laurel is indeed character that just everyone hates...she is a good dramatic actor (tears and such...soapy too much though), and she is not even too ugly (not my taste though)...but she is sooo annoying... To everyone...but she stays nomatter what...as series regular. And later you'll see why. She won't get any less annoying though.
    Felicity seems to be the only "bright" female character on the show...the rest have much darkness inside. From Hauntress to Laurel to Sarah to Tea ...and to other females you'll meet later.

So far season 3 though is the most epic. And its finale episodes will be even more epic.
    Plotwise I think season 1 was better, because all that is great in season 3 is because of great Batman comics its loosely based upon. Season 1 was more Arrowish, and it's hard to find compelling Arrow plot that is not from Batman.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 20 Apr 2015, 20:53

It has a narrative purpose, but it is just done so poorly. Hope it leads to something good, but right now it feels like she's a character from the comics that just has to be in, but they don't exactly how to adapt her naturally. The other female characters, from Felicity to Moira Queen, have been done much better.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 20 Apr 2015, 22:15

Yes, Moira plays fantastic. Felicity is great to.

Laurel won't stop being annoying. I could let her go from the show at any time.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 21 Apr 2015, 04:00

It's so weird seeing John Barrowman as Malcolm, and being pretty awesome at being a villain, as I only knew him from this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV55cvmScRE[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 21 Apr 2015, 05:04

Episode 14 of season 2 was so great. Cost me precious sleeping time, but worth it :D Season 1 was good, but season 2 has been really awesome so far :D
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 21 Apr 2015, 08:19

Indeed, Clock King rules :) great actor, great character....lots of puns and lines...
    You'll see him again...not on "Arrow", but still :) Second time he was even way better.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 22 Apr 2015, 16:58

Suicide Squad ep. was awesome. I'm always a big fan of uneasy alliances ala Diggle & Deadshot.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 22 Apr 2015, 19:53

Yes, those are great :)
    Hope you've noticed Harley Quinn cameo. She it out of limits though, but there will be not less crazy female "replacement" later on.

Now with "Suicide Squad" movie in the works...there are some...implications. DC don't won't to overexpose related characters.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 23 Apr 2015, 01:28

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebyMLF86OM[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 24 Apr 2015, 01:40

Season 3 aka Laurel Begins. Sara's death really felt like a cheap death. I'm sure it will set a lot of things in motion, includingthe return of the LoA, but it was poorly done. In fact, the whole first episode felt like the show moving in circles, bringing up issues which Oliver has already dealt with. Just lazy storywriting.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 24 Apr 2015, 03:26

I agree with you on nearly all your points Ron, although when I raised them Max disagreed with me also! Maybe it's actually him that's in the minority! :D

- Season 2 was much better than Season 1
    - Laurel was an absolutely obnoxious character in Season 2, I hated every minute she took up.
    - The Huntress arc was fantastic, a massive disappointment that they didn't and haven't done a lot more with it, yet.
    - Barrowman plays a very commanding character when onscreen, you pretty much can't look away.
    - Unfortunately, for me, there's been too many 'come back from the dead' moments already in the show, and not the on'es I'd like there to be!
    - The other thing that happens way too much is people being kidnapped. Happens like 10 times a season, getting a bit ridiculous how often it happens.

--- You have to log-in as registered user to view this text ---
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Dean for this post
    Ron

PreviousNext

Return to General topics