• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Arrow TV Show (Possible Spoilers)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby Ron 22 Apr 2015, 16:58

Suicide Squad ep. was awesome. I'm always a big fan of uneasy alliances ala Diggle & Deadshot.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 22 Apr 2015, 19:53

Yes, those are great :)
    Hope you've noticed Harley Quinn cameo. She it out of limits though, but there will be not less crazy female "replacement" later on.

Now with "Suicide Squad" movie in the works...there are some...implications. DC don't won't to overexpose related characters.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 23 Apr 2015, 01:28

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebyMLF86OM[/youtube]
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 24 Apr 2015, 01:40

Season 3 aka Laurel Begins. Sara's death really felt like a cheap death. I'm sure it will set a lot of things in motion, includingthe return of the LoA, but it was poorly done. In fact, the whole first episode felt like the show moving in circles, bringing up issues which Oliver has already dealt with. Just lazy storywriting.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 24 Apr 2015, 03:26

I agree with you on nearly all your points Ron, although when I raised them Max disagreed with me also! Maybe it's actually him that's in the minority! :D

- Season 2 was much better than Season 1
    - Laurel was an absolutely obnoxious character in Season 2, I hated every minute she took up.
    - The Huntress arc was fantastic, a massive disappointment that they didn't and haven't done a lot more with it, yet.
    - Barrowman plays a very commanding character when onscreen, you pretty much can't look away.
    - Unfortunately, for me, there's been too many 'come back from the dead' moments already in the show, and not the on'es I'd like there to be!
    - The other thing that happens way too much is people being kidnapped. Happens like 10 times a season, getting a bit ridiculous how often it happens.

--- You have to log-in as registered user to view this text ---
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Dean for this post
    Ron

Postby DoomJedi 24 Apr 2015, 12:33

This is public area may I remind you. There are places to discuss it.

In public areas there is tag {hide=number} to hide it from most other visitors and users...hide=100 (or 200 or 300) for example will hide it from users with less of 100 posts...covering most of non-team users.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 24 Apr 2015, 12:43

Dean wrote:- Laurel was an absolutely obnoxious character in Season 2, I hated every minute she took up.

Never said I disagree.

- The Huntress arc was fantastic, a massive disappointment that they didn't and haven't done a lot more with it, yet.
    On that too.

- Barrowman plays a very commanding character when onscreen, you pretty much can't look away.
    On that too.

- Unfortunately, for me, there's been too many 'come back from the dead' moments already in the show, and not the on'es I'd like there to be!
    I hate those too, but don't think it's too much. For a comics-based show. Final death for all characters would deplete the show too much too fast, sure for narrow Arrow comicsverse (and actors who sign - want to keep...existing...you can't hire new main characters for every other episode, you want to keep developing them deeper). Or force lack of death which is demotivating and boring to watch...we want drama, and death.
    But again - as watcher of a show - I prefer final deaths and hate resurrections...it's like feeling cheated for fake drama moments.

- The other thing that happens way too much is people being kidnapped. Happens like 10 times a season, getting a bit ridiculous how often it happens.
    That didn't bother me and not too noticable.
    My most hated episodes where Brick-related arc (loved the actor though, the character itself). The most unrealistic plot EVER. Over-the-top unrealistic.

[/quote]
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 24 Apr 2015, 15:53

- Season 2 was much better than Season 1

Yes, by far. Season 1, like with most tv shows, was still searching for its voice and rhythym (though it was found pretty quickly). Also, there was too much focus on all the interpersonal soapy stuff, which is not what Arrow excels at.

- Laurel was an absolutely obnoxious character in Season 2, I hated every minute she took up.

Agreed. I think it got slightly better in the second half of the season, but overall.. definitely the worst written character on the show.

That's a problem most superhero movies face actually.. that it's always relatives or the girl that gets kidnapped by the bad guys. I know it is done to raise the stakes, but it is a trope that is so overblown that it is just annoying at this point. Especially if you use it every time on your tv show. Find another way to up the stakes.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 25 Apr 2015, 03:36

Some weird choices in S03E04:

-Merlyn meeting Oliver in a busy crowd is like Bin Laden meeting someone in New York.. c'mon, dude would definitely be recognized after destroying part of the city and killing people.
    -Oliver swearing to protect Merlyn from the LoA is just silly. They could have found a better, less lazy way to incorporate Ra's.
    -That said, LoA and Ra's look awesome! I also laughed really hard when Roy did his silly parkour move and got knocked out with an arrow instantly.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 25 Apr 2015, 11:42

Ra's actor is amazing....simply amazing.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 25 Apr 2015, 13:14

Do you watch it parallel to the "Flash"?
    Because you should...it's same timeline, universe - with crossovers.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 25 Apr 2015, 16:08

Nope, mostly because I wouldn't know how to synchronize it so it doesn't spoil anything on the one show and vice versa.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 25 Apr 2015, 16:33

Flash runs one day before Arrow.

So it's S1E1 Flash, S3E1 Arrow, S1E1 Flash, S3E2 Arrow etc....
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Dean 26 Apr 2015, 10:33

Yup, as Maxim said for watching the 2 together.

I'm stuck at Episode 5 of both shows with no internet so still haven't seen the crossover, but I believe that's why you need to watch them simultaneously.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 29 Apr 2015, 04:25

Watched the first episode of The Flash. It has a fun, loose feel to it that I quite like, though there is also some winking in it that's cheesy. But overall, quite good.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

PreviousNext

Return to General topics