• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Books Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby Dean 09 Aug 2012, 06:45

I, Michael Bennett - James Patterson
    This is Book 5 in the series and was really good. I enjoy this series almost as much as the Alex Cross series although it does have some moment of rather sappy sentimentality in it. The scenarios are always interesting and these are good easy read. I actually read this entire thing over one very quiet night shift at work!
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 09 Aug 2012, 06:50

I am Number four - Pittacus Lore
    Being a lover of sci-fi this was quite good. I knew there was a series of these books and that the (actual) 3rd book was coming so I decided to give this a go. The book flows nicely and theres a lot of depth in the backstory and characters. I've just downloaded the movie they made last year of it and will watch that soon also. There's also a number of novellas that tell back stories of some of the characters which i have also.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 17 Aug 2012, 04:10

The Power of Six - pittacus Lore
    ImageImageImageImage
    This is book 2 of the Lorien series I've been reading plus 3 novellas that fight in between the main 3 bnovels. These are a nice easy read and have a lot going on in them, they have a lot of back story and really submerse you into another world. I'm reading the third book at the movie.

I watched the Movie of the first book and it was fairly average to be honest. While they used a lot of it as a base for the movie they changed some of the good stuff that was covered in the books and gave the characters more depth.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 08 Dec 2012, 03:05

Just finished Caitlin Moran's How To Be A Woman, which is a very funny book. Moran is a good writer who can get her point across, but combines that with a lot of humour. I absolutely loved it!

And now I'm starting in George Orwell's 1984. After that Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    Lozer_42

Postby Dean 08 Dec 2012, 10:40

I did both 1984 and TKAM in high School. I actually did TKAM 2 years running and never want to read it again after spending that much time writing reposrt and and examining it!

I've been cathing up on some James Patterson books, which all seem to have become samish and dropped off in quality, as well as reading H.G.Wells 'The Time Machine'. Brilliantly written but shows that theres been a lot of license taken with the movies!
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 30 Apr 2013, 01:41

Slowly making my way through the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy (5 books).
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    Lozer_42

Postby Dean 30 Apr 2013, 08:59

ronwolf1705 wrote:Slowly making my way through the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy (5 books).

I have them on my Kindle for 18 months now and still never read them, I'll get around to them one day though! Too many books to choose from... 8-/
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Lozer_42 30 Apr 2013, 09:01

ronwolf1705 wrote:Slowly making my way through the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy (5 books).

It's a good series.
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 30 Apr 2013, 13:40

ronwolf1705 wrote:Too many books to choose from... 8-/

I know what you mean. And there a couple of books inbound as well (amongst them Tina Fey's Bossypants :D ).

Anyway, I'm in book 3 now. And so far I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 01 May 2013, 03:46

I've read Bossypants, it's not too bad, I do find her one of only a few funny Female comedians though.

I'm just about to start reading through the Game of Thrones books that the TV series is based off.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 07 May 2013, 17:15

Dean, have you ever read anything by Caitlin Moran? She's very funny, I'm just reading through her second book Moranthology. :D
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 08 May 2013, 05:29

ronwolf1705 wrote:Dean, have you ever read anything by Caitlin Moran? She's very funny, I'm just reading through her second book Moranthology. :D

Actually, never heard of Her Ron! Don't think anything She's done has made it to Australia yet.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 28 Jul 2013, 17:17

Started reading the Game of Thrones books, loving it so far. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 31 Jul 2013, 09:52

I've just finished the 2nd book in the Divergent series, not too bad but a fair bit of a Hunger Games rip off. They've just made the movie of book 1 so will be interesting to see what its like.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 18 Aug 2013, 16:04

Working my way through the Game of Thrones books, started reading book 3 this weekend.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

PreviousNext

Return to General topics