• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Movie/Tv-Series Discussion (possible SPOILERS)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby Ron 22 Dec 2011, 18:23

This is the topic to discuss the recent movies/tv-series you have seen.
    Some of the recent movies I have watched:

Attack the Block: Loved this movie, can recommend it to anyone.
    Mission: Impossible 3: I love the M:I-franchise and this is a great entry, very enjoyable.
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: This is a movie for any old school gamer to watch, I really really really liked this movie.
    The Tree of Life: this is probably not for everybody, but I really enjoyed up until the last 15 minutes which didn't make sense to me.
    The Hangover Part II: I put off watching this for a very long time because I thought it would be a dissapointment. And it was, it was The Hangover meets The Hangover with fewer laughs. It was very predictable because it had the same form as the first one, really disappointing.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    serpens

Postby DoomJedi 22 Dec 2011, 19:43

Well...let's activate my memory chip.... :) I don't have a cinema in my town, so I see movies when I visit my Dad :)

From recent movies I remember seeing was "Tron","Planet of the apes" (or how it's called), "Captain America"....from older movies remember watching "John Rambo", "Rocky Balboa", "Inception", "Avatar", "Alice 3D", "Expendables", "Dark Knight","Yes Man".....

I'm probably forgetting something....
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    serpens

Postby Ron 22 Dec 2011, 21:10

John Rambo is the most exaggerated action movie ever, I love it! Great movie to watch with friends, like the ultimate B-movie. I don't have a cinema in my town either, we have to go to the bigger cities which is a 30 minute drive I think. Last movie we saw in the cinema was Killer Elite, which was a dumb action movie with some nice moments towards the end.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

serpens

Postby DoomJedi 23 Dec 2011, 01:15

Forgot the "Musketeers".....hated those.

Just came back from Sherlock :)
    Nice movie...in the style of the first one. Action, humor... overall very much fun :)

Tomorrow - M:I :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

serpens

Postby DoomJedi 23 Dec 2011, 01:21

ronwolf1705 wrote:John Rambo is the most exaggerated action movie ever, I love it!

I'm long fan of Rocky and Rambo series...love the movies, love the characters, love the songs....
    Rocky Balboa even touched my Dad too :) He said he had tears in his eyes a few times. Rocky 1 is my favourite.
    From Rambo movies...it's probably 1 or 2. Probably both :)

Great movie to watch with friends, like the ultimate B-movie.

:beer:

I don't have a cinema in my town either, we have to go to the bigger cities which is a 30 minute drive I think.

Well....here it's quite rare. Most cities have cinemas (27 cities to be exact), beside some smaller ones.

Last movie we saw in the cinema was Killer Elite, which was a dumb action movie with some nice moments towards the end.

Well, you know the last movie I've seen :)

Do we include movies that we've seen over the TV, or not?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

serpens

Postby Ron 23 Dec 2011, 01:41

Yeah sure, or dvd's, or tv-series you watch. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

serpens

Postby Tricob1974 23 Dec 2011, 04:33

I don't really watch TV anymore; the series tend to get cancelled if I ever enjoy them. So I just tend to skip 'em. I'm still catching up on TV series from my youth anyway, like Bionic Woman with Lindsay Wagner. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Tricob1974 for this post
    serpens

Postby DoomJedi 23 Dec 2011, 17:11

Oh, forgot the "Pirates of the Carrebean" (I feel misspells :roll: ) that I always see in cinema....love that saga....
    Oh, and forgot "Spiderman"s...I watch them in cinemas too....as you must watch it there, with all the visual effects....

I usually don't watch TV series, unless they are sitcoms...like "Big Bang Theory", "Friends", "Seinfeld"..."30 Rock"...."Scrubbs"....."That's 70s show"...etc etc...

But I like "Mentalist"...and sometimes watch CSI too.... Those are made really well.

I see israely reality shows (sometimes foreign too)....Some I don't, as I hate them..."The big Brother", "Million Race" and such...
    but I love "Beauty and the Geek", "Survival", "Master Chef"/"Hell's Kitchen"/"Kitchen Nightmares", "Israeli Idol" and such...now we have first season of israeli "The Voice" and a few more.

I don't have movie channels where I live, so I watch movies over TV when I visit my dad.
    From last movies I've seen I can remember ...wel...I'll post when I'll remember :) Mainly good movies I somehow missed in cinemas :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

serpens

Postby Ron 23 Dec 2011, 18:47

My favorite tv-serie at the moment is without a doubt Community, I can recommend it to anyone. Season 2 is one of the best seasons of any series. :D Apart from that I also watch The IT Crowd, The Office (though season 8 is disappointing so far), Parks & Recreation, Extras, Breaking Bad and some that I watch from time to time on Comedy Central like Scrubs, Psych and Friends.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

serpens

Postby DoomJedi 24 Dec 2011, 01:30

Returned from M:I :)

Great movie, lot's of action, lot's of humor (my friend thought it has too much humor for such movie, I dissagree), very intensive...
    Dubai part was the best...amazing scene. Also the M:I fuse lighting sequence, very original and well done.
    Easily the best M:I movie so far. Very much recommended.

Having russian as native language, I'd say this was one of the more accurate portrays of russians and russian language. Sure much better then old Rambo 3 days :)
    But still - no non-russian actor can EVER learn to speak russian the way we'll actually think he is russian...or in a way that can full any russian/russian guard.
    It's a very hard language to fake...you have to be born into it. The accent, word pronanciation...cannot be faked. Just can't.

So the native russian speakers/actors in the movie spoke quite pure russian, though in a bit unrealistic way, a bit too moronic and stereotypic (short) phrases and body language. Very unnattural, but at least with native russian pronaniation...
    The rest - well...that's relatively good effort on their side - but very far from sounding like true russian.

Also getting into Kremlin I'm sure much more difficult in real life :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

serpens

Postby Dean 26 Dec 2011, 02:27

My TV viewing habits seem fairly familier to Ron's;

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy & Dexter
    The Office (I'm actually enjoying Season 8 so far, except for the Gettysburg episode, which is the worst episode they have ever done.
    The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Raising Hope
    The Amazing Race & Survivor
    I also watch some of the American History channel shows - Pawn Stars, American restoration, American pickers, Auction kings.
    Other stuff I watch is Community, Californication, Hung, CSI: Miami, Archer, How I met Your Mother, Star Wars - The Clone Wars, Luther, Parks and Recreation, Penn & Teller: Bullshit, The Walking Dead, Dr Who

I never watch anything on free Tv anymore, i just download everything and watch it when i feel like it with no advertisments. Australian Tv is also particularly bad, there's barely a single show i watch.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 26 Dec 2011, 03:39

Dean wrote:The Office (I'm actually enjoying Season 8 so far, except for the Gettysburg episode, which is the worst episode they have ever done.

I kinda feel that most of the episodes revolved around the same thing: Andy doubting whether he is a competent boss or not, than trying to prove that he is and fails at doing that but is then reassured by the rest of the office that they like him as a boss. Gettysburg indeed was quite a poor episode, but the worst episode for me is still the Season 7 finale. I genuinly hated that episode. :(

I never watch anything on free Tv anymore, i just download everything and watch it when i feel like it with no advertisments. Australian Tv is also particularly bad, there's barely a single show i watch.

I do the same thing. And Dutch tv is pretty terrible as well.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 26 Dec 2011, 09:16

Dean wrote:The Big Bang Theory

Saw the entire last season over last two days, over the internet :) There are sites to see that for free...with russian dubbing or just russian subtitles.

So funny :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 26 Dec 2011, 19:39

I never really got The Big Bang Theory, to me it's a second-rate IT Crowd. I just don't think saying something incredibly difficult is that funny. Overrated in my opinion.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 26 Dec 2011, 20:47

Cracks me up each time :)
    :ROFL:
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Next

Return to General topics