• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Movie/Tv-Series Discussion (possible SPOILERS)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby Dean 26 Dec 2011, 02:27

My TV viewing habits seem fairly familier to Ron's;

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy & Dexter
    The Office (I'm actually enjoying Season 8 so far, except for the Gettysburg episode, which is the worst episode they have ever done.
    The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Raising Hope
    The Amazing Race & Survivor
    I also watch some of the American History channel shows - Pawn Stars, American restoration, American pickers, Auction kings.
    Other stuff I watch is Community, Californication, Hung, CSI: Miami, Archer, How I met Your Mother, Star Wars - The Clone Wars, Luther, Parks and Recreation, Penn & Teller: Bullshit, The Walking Dead, Dr Who

I never watch anything on free Tv anymore, i just download everything and watch it when i feel like it with no advertisments. Australian Tv is also particularly bad, there's barely a single show i watch.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 26 Dec 2011, 03:39

Dean wrote:The Office (I'm actually enjoying Season 8 so far, except for the Gettysburg episode, which is the worst episode they have ever done.

I kinda feel that most of the episodes revolved around the same thing: Andy doubting whether he is a competent boss or not, than trying to prove that he is and fails at doing that but is then reassured by the rest of the office that they like him as a boss. Gettysburg indeed was quite a poor episode, but the worst episode for me is still the Season 7 finale. I genuinly hated that episode. :(

I never watch anything on free Tv anymore, i just download everything and watch it when i feel like it with no advertisments. Australian Tv is also particularly bad, there's barely a single show i watch.

I do the same thing. And Dutch tv is pretty terrible as well.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 26 Dec 2011, 09:16

Dean wrote:The Big Bang Theory

Saw the entire last season over last two days, over the internet :) There are sites to see that for free...with russian dubbing or just russian subtitles.

So funny :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 26 Dec 2011, 19:39

I never really got The Big Bang Theory, to me it's a second-rate IT Crowd. I just don't think saying something incredibly difficult is that funny. Overrated in my opinion.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 26 Dec 2011, 20:47

Cracks me up each time :)
    :ROFL:
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 28 Dec 2011, 18:32

Tomorrow I'll be going to see Mission: Impossible 4 and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Looking forward to both. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 30 Dec 2011, 03:32

I watched the Inbetweeners Movie last night, such a massive disappointment after how funny the TV series was.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 30 Dec 2011, 21:57

Mission: Impossible 4 was great, this is how you should make an action movie. Loved the scenes in Dubai and Bombay! And I enjoyed it even while I didn't get any sleep the night before it (don't ask :twisted: ), so that says something. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was a different beast and one I certainly need to see another time to completely understand. It's an interesting movie that kept me engaged though it is quite a slow movie. This was on the same day as MI:4, later that day in fact, so I guess that it's again a good thing that I didn't fall asleep. But yeah, definitely need to see it again.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 01 Jan 2012, 04:49

The Spill reviewers thought highly of it, too. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 05 Jan 2012, 04:12

Just watched Young Adult. I went in with the expectation that I would totally hate the main character (which is something I read in most reviews), but although she's quite a bitch I did not hate her as much as I had anticipated. Charlize Theron was pretty great, as was Patton Oswalt. Good movie, especially if you like dark comedy.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 05 Jan 2012, 10:09

I have seen "I love you Philip Morris" (just because I love(d?) Jim Carrey)

What a stupid movie....why people make such?
    The movie did everything to be nothing. It's a mix of comedy, drama... while not being good as comedy or drama...it's not funny at all...it appeals to noone....even as a gay person I'd see it as a stupid movie. I guess there are not to many gay movies around that gays compomise for such shit.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 05 Jan 2012, 16:33

I've heard conflicting stories about that movie, some really love it while others hate it. I guess it's one of those polarizing movies that don't appeal to everyone. I'm a fan of Jim Carrey as well, but he should really make other movies instead of Mr. Popper's Penguins. I don't think he has ever been bad in a movie and often he makes a movie better by just being Jim Carrey. He hope he will make that Howard Hughes movie with Christopher Nolan, now that would be interesting!
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 05 Jan 2012, 16:51

Jim Carrey is sooooo out of his prime...(I have to say it with all my love for him) ...what a weird movie choices lately...
    I don't see him doing any good movie in the future. He is burned out.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 05 Jan 2012, 19:27

I don't think he's burned out as much as he just seems to choose crappy movies for the paycheck. I don't ever write off an actor because Carrey has shown many times that he's very talented, but he definitely has to make other movies instead of crap like Mr. Popper's Penguins and The Number 23. Have to say that I did enjoy 'Yes, Man' though. And in a comedy he's never bad. He just needs another movie like The Truman Show, Man on the Moon or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 05 Jan 2012, 19:47

Well, let's hope so. I'm a fan of him....for most of my life. I still visit jimcarreyonline.com regulary.

I'm pessimistic though. Older Carrey is much less funny and crazy... He has given up of any kind of stardom or blockbuster-type movies (unless it's some kid movie for Christmas) and just seem to make movies based on ....donnow... sure not things he is strong in, just wacky experiments.
    He lost that "that crazy dude" charm and became some weird old daddy.

In general, actors of his age stop doing movies for the fun of it and lose direction.

"Yesman" was a nice movie. nice+.
    Still, he looked waaaay too old for the role, the romance with a young woman looked unrealistic.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Next

Return to General topics