• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Movie/Tv-Series Discussion (possible SPOILERS)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby DoomJedi 06 Jan 2012, 11:40

ronwolf1705 wrote:Hughes even bought a hotel once in order to don't have any contact with the owners

Could play good Bruce Wayne then :D :D

, so I guess "that crazy dude" charm you talk about could come in handy

Probably the reason for Nolan's original choice.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 06 Jan 2012, 15:56

Bruce Wayne definitely has some Hughes-elements to himself, I guess that will be more obvious in TDKR with Wayne who hasn't evolved at all in those 8 years, maybe even become a recluse.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 07 Jan 2012, 17:32

Watched Carnage yesterday, by Roman Polanski starring Kate Winslet, Jodie Foster, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly. My kind of movie, I really loved it. Everyone was very good, but Waltz stood out for me.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Lozer_42 11 Jan 2012, 07:21

Have any of you seen the television series Firefly? It was one of those rare Sci-Fi gems that was before it's time and got canceled by FOX because they loose touch with what's good and has substance really easily.
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 11 Jan 2012, 17:36

I haven't seen, but I have heard of it. It's a bit of a cult series, isn't it? Really well made but not enough viewers that appreciate it. I did see the movie based on that serie called 'Serenity', it's really good and if you like the series I can recommend that movie to you.

I watched Dazed & Confused yesterday, really good movie. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 14 Jan 2012, 23:19

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 15 Jan 2012, 02:10

The movie looks ridiculuos, I love it! And it can't be worse than the first one, which was such a major letdown.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 17 Jan 2012, 05:17

Watching the ridiculously entertaining movie 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' starring Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 19 Jan 2012, 02:41

Well the sequel to 'The Expendables' couldn't be any worse than the first one was - what an absolutely terrible, terrible movie...
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 19 Jan 2012, 03:14

Dean wrote:Well the sequel to 'The Expendables' couldn't be any worse than the first one was - what an absolutely terrible, terrible movie...

Couldn't agree more, if not for Sucker Punch that would be the worst movie I have seen in theatres ever.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 19 Jan 2012, 03:22

You obviously never saw Keanu Reeves' remake of 'The Day the Earth Stood still' then! :D
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 19 Jan 2012, 03:46

Luckily not! I always try to go to quality films at the cinema, but there are times when I went along with my friends to some terrible films. One of my friends thought the Sucker Punch trailer pretty much looked like the best thing ever so I got dragged along to that one. Saw it in Imax so it cost me extra money as well! :shock: The Expendables was terrible, Battle: LA was pretty poor as well but is enjoyable when you're counting all the cliché militairy lines and actions one can put in a movie. And then there was Max Payne, which I know I went to but I don't remember a thing of what the hell I saw. So either the movie was so awesome it gave me amnesia or it was fucking terrible. :no: So yeah, I think those are the worst movies I saw in theatres.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Lozer_42 19 Jan 2012, 15:47

ronwolf1705 wrote:One of my friends thought the Sucker Punch trailer pretty much looked like the best thing ever so I got dragged along to that one.

Sounds like my experience with that movie...

And I have seen Serenity, I really liked it it a lot, but naturally would have liked to have seen the story unfold over a second season, rather than a movie. :)

The Walking Dead is an amazing series also.(produced on AMC) And this is coming from someone who dislikes zombie themed things and the surrounding attitude their fans carry. The Walking Dead is an amazing series.
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 19 Jan 2012, 16:31

I have seen the first season of The Walking Dead (minus the last episode). Need to catch up with that serie soon. But I really liked it so far. I do like zombies though, both the original and the remake of Dawn of the Dead are favorites of mine. Loved Zombieland as well.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 20 Jan 2012, 03:48

Been watching a *lot* of "Duck Tales" lately ... Vol. 1 is on my to-get list for this week. Already have Vol. 2. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

PreviousNext

Return to General topics