• View unanswered postsView active topics

• Movie/Tv-Series Discussion (possible SPOILERS)

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby Dean 19 Jan 2012, 03:22

You obviously never saw Keanu Reeves' remake of 'The Day the Earth Stood still' then! :D
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 19 Jan 2012, 03:46

Luckily not! I always try to go to quality films at the cinema, but there are times when I went along with my friends to some terrible films. One of my friends thought the Sucker Punch trailer pretty much looked like the best thing ever so I got dragged along to that one. Saw it in Imax so it cost me extra money as well! :shock: The Expendables was terrible, Battle: LA was pretty poor as well but is enjoyable when you're counting all the cliché militairy lines and actions one can put in a movie. And then there was Max Payne, which I know I went to but I don't remember a thing of what the hell I saw. So either the movie was so awesome it gave me amnesia or it was fucking terrible. :no: So yeah, I think those are the worst movies I saw in theatres.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Lozer_42 19 Jan 2012, 15:47

ronwolf1705 wrote:One of my friends thought the Sucker Punch trailer pretty much looked like the best thing ever so I got dragged along to that one.

Sounds like my experience with that movie...

And I have seen Serenity, I really liked it it a lot, but naturally would have liked to have seen the story unfold over a second season, rather than a movie. :)

The Walking Dead is an amazing series also.(produced on AMC) And this is coming from someone who dislikes zombie themed things and the surrounding attitude their fans carry. The Walking Dead is an amazing series.
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 19 Jan 2012, 16:31

I have seen the first season of The Walking Dead (minus the last episode). Need to catch up with that serie soon. But I really liked it so far. I do like zombies though, both the original and the remake of Dawn of the Dead are favorites of mine. Loved Zombieland as well.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 20 Jan 2012, 03:48

Been watching a *lot* of "Duck Tales" lately ... Vol. 1 is on my to-get list for this week. Already have Vol. 2. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 20 Jan 2012, 06:31

I've seen all of the 'Walking Dead' episodes. The 2nd season starts off slow but picks up as it gets towards the end, well worth watching.

I've been watching some of the original Twilight Zone episodes lately, 50+ years old and they are still really great to watch.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Tricob1974 21 Jan 2012, 01:35

Dean wrote:I've been watching some of the original Twilight Zone episodes lately, 50+ years old and they are still really great to watch.
    They've stood the time of time pretty well, partly because many topics they cover are still interesting and/or relevant today.
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 21 Jan 2012, 02:02

Watched the new episode of Parks & Recreation, this is probably the best comedy on tv since Community got shelved.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 21 Jan 2012, 05:12

I started watching the 3rd (and sadly, last) season of Hung, it's just as good as the other episodes.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 21 Jan 2012, 16:44

Midnight in Paris proved once again why it was one of my favorite movies of last year, really enjoyable. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 25 Jan 2012, 00:20

Decided to watch "Memento"....what a movie...."classical Nolan"....wow....can't wait for the "Dark Knight Rises"....
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

The following user would like to thank DoomJedi for this post
    Lozer_42

Postby DoomJedi 25 Jan 2012, 21:54

After I've just discovered I can watch ANY movie online (at least in russian) - started watching 1 movie per day in the "wanted to see this movie" order, more or less.

I'll blog here :)

Yesterday it was "Memento".

Today I watched "Source Code"...what a movie...amazing. Mix if "GroundHog Day" and "Inception"...and even "Memento"...though closest to "12 Monkeys" actually...So emotional, intense...couldn't even press "pause" when needed....felt like in the movie when I have only 8 minutes and can't waste time.

Recommended :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 26 Jan 2012, 01:32

Yeah, Source Code is great. One of my favorite movies from last year.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 26 Jan 2012, 09:24

Still, very far from Nolan. Noone is like Nolan.

Plot holes, less multi-level/deep, surprises are too predictable (I guessed the main plot detail by myself, it was obvious)

But is indeed immerse and makes you really feel like you're there with him.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 26 Jan 2012, 20:20

Watched "Johnny English: Reborn"

This is what I call "an expectations movie".
    By that I mean that if you don't expect too much - you can actually enjoy it.
    It's not not "over the top funny", just plain stupid puns...and not the best example of it (miss "Naken Gun" :sorry: ).
    Still, if you're in a good mood - it can fit well within it :)

Next will be "The Warrior"

I also plan to watch the last two "Transformers" movies.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General topics