• Batman thread

All the rest (non-gaming) topics

Postby DoomJedi 16 Jun 2011, 17:29

Batman discussion :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 16 Jun 2011, 18:48

Okay, so in what way will the Liam Neeson news take the story? My guess is that Bane, like Batman, is also trained by Ra's (I don't believe the Talia rumours) and there will be a lot of parallels between Bane and Batman. Both are smart, trained and strong but obviously one is good and one is bad. With Batman being hunted I think Bruce will also focus on other ways to help the people of Gotham, encouraged by Miranda Tate. In what way Catwoman fits in I don't know yet, but I expect a lot from her. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 16 Jun 2011, 19:31

It's very hard to guess anything at this stage....we know so little...
    Basically all we have is Bane photo - which is very limited too... does he look like a wrestler? Soldier?

Sure not a mask he can safely wear on the streets.

"Grown up" Ra actually looks more than a flashback, as resurrection pits see to be filmed:

http://screenrant.com/batman-dark-knight-rises-set-photos-lazarus-pit-kofi-114161/

http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises-bane-plot-details-india-set-pics-benk-114528/

Here’s the eyewitness report, courtesy of The Dark Knight Rises Community on Facebook:

“Eyewitnesses and crew members told us of a particular scene being filmed,” the site reports, “where a bald-headed child wearing ragged clothes emerges from the well and pulls his hood over his head. From the conversations, we reckon this is a young Bane, emerging from a vat of Venom, trained by Pence’s Ra’s al Ghul. The years of addiction to Venom builds him to be a massive monster with amped up senses, intelligence and physical prowess.”

Granted, the “report” is entirely hearsay but it would offer a compelling explanation for Nolan’s inclusion of the Lazarus Pits as well as how Bane will fit into the real-world setting – not to mention the reason for the Ra’s al Ghul flashbacks (as portrayed by Josh Pence).

Someone might want to resurrect Ra.

The other rumor is the "nightfall" one:

Says Comic Book Movie‘s “reliable source”:
    Bruce Wayne/Batman & Bane will certainly clash hard in The Dark Knight Rises and I can tell you this much, during their first fight against one-another will , Bane WILL break Batman’s back!
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 16 Jun 2011, 21:38

I've heard the rumours of Bane breaking Batman's back before, but I don't know... it would mean that Batman is gone for probably a large part of the story. Doesn't mean it's impossible, I can image the same scenario as in Knightfall where Bane releases all prisoners and tires Batman. But there is a lot we don't know, and I have a feeling Nolan will surprise us again. :D The opening scene is said to be amazing (according to Oldman, Freeman and Wally Pfister) and I've also heard good things about Anne Hathaway. Bane will be the main villain, but I have a feeling that Catwoman is the 'wildcard'. :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 16 Jun 2011, 22:57

I'm really not sure he'll free all the prisoners...at least not the villains.
    But backbreaking...Nolan can do it...it's his style. He can use flashbacks from there for the rest of the movies...all Batman life flashes before his eyes, heh... :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 18 Jun 2011, 11:56

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 18 Jun 2011, 15:09

According to JoBlo.com, the virals will start again soon to reveal the first image of Catwoman! Can't wait!
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Dean 21 Jun 2011, 02:02

Hey Guys, found a pic of the new Batmobile and what appears to be the new bat suit also! Not sure if this is going to be the exact ones that are used in the Movie but can't imagine why they would bother creating this if they weren't going to use it. :)

Here's the rundown of it
    Assembled time-wasters from the Internet, meet the new Batmobile; a hydrogen-powered super-machine that will emit only the tortured screams of the Dark Knight's inner anguish, and some water.

Designed by Professor Gordon Murray (yes, him), the new Batmobile will feature in the upcoming Batman live show that kicks off next month: a fly-kicking extravaganza about our favourite rubber-clad agent of vengeance. And because it's the result of the fevered scribblings of Mr Murray, it's quite modern.

It's made from 'a new type of carbon fibre' ten times lighter than steel and 100 times stronger; it's powered by a hydrogen fuel cell stack emitting only water; a rear fan acts as an afterburner; 'ground-effect ventures' from F1 technology produce enough downforce to allow the Batmobile to drive on the ceiling at 100mph, and there's even an anti-detection transmitter, sonar sensors and frickin' laser beams.

It's not real, before you get your wallet out.
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 21 Jun 2011, 08:21

This car (it's design, not capabilities) - looks too lame to be real. Looks like crappy rocket. So I'm not sure Nolan will use it - though it's logical he'll finally introduce new vehicle.

I understand that Nolans car can't look too much like the old-fashioned Batman car from earlier movies...But this is a lame design direction.
    I'd be VERY surprised if it'll make into Nolan's movie.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 21 Jun 2011, 15:16

It looks a bit like a rocket on wheels, so I don't think that Batmobile will be used. However, there was an other image where Batman's suit had more grey as well, so the suit might make it into the movie. As for a new Batmobile, I'm expecting a remade Tumbler. I remember from Batman Begins that Fox mentioned there being a second one that didn't work, perhaps Bruce will fix that one or something.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Ron 09 Jul 2011, 01:12

Teaser trailer for TDKR is coming next week!!! It's attached to HP7, so I expect it will be online very soon. :D A poster will also be released soon.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 09 Jul 2011, 08:43

First "teaser " trailers are usually very short, maybe just a voice in the background....
    But let's hope for the best :)
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 09 Jul 2011, 15:08

According to Comingsoon.net, it will be 1:33. That's longer than both the BB teaser and TDK teaser. So I'm expecting some footage.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    DoomJedi

Postby Ron 11 Jul 2011, 20:32

http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recent ... ilers.aspx

It's official, the teaser trailer is coming this friday! :)
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 11 Jul 2011, 20:36

ronwolf1705 wrote:http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

It's official, the teaser trailer is coming this friday! :)

Where the release date is written?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Next

Return to General topics