Postby Ron 20 Nov 2012, 17:34

Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Ron for this post
    DoomJedi, Lozer_42

Postby Ron 27 Nov 2012, 16:18

http://batman-news.com/2012/11/27/josep ... ce-league/

Now if that happens, I did not expect it.
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

DoomJedi

Postby Ron 30 Nov 2012, 20:57

Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

DoomJedi

Postby Dean 08 Dec 2012, 10:54

Not sure how to get this to work as I'm at work and they have one of those internet block things on YouTube so I cant check it. If anyone knows how to then check this out - maybe a little controversial in relation to this topic, but it is about the subject matter!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJuGeqdbn4[/youtube]
    Dean
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

The following user would like to thank Dean for this post
    Ron

Postby DoomJedi 25 Jan 2013, 23:08

I've seen last week "Batman the Dark Knight returns - part 2" (Part one I saw much earlier).

Spoilers!!!
    If you don't want to spoil the fun -
    do not ready any further!

I have to say it's absolutely brilliant, and touched me quite....very heavy impression.

I didn't read comics/novels....so I saw it fresh, not knowing the script...though many many themes were later used in "Dark Knight Rises" - and it was cool to recognize those.

From the weaker side - scenes look absolutely unrealistic sometimes (anymeone said - Joker not feeling at all a batarang stuck in his eyeball? Or 20 cops can't hit old Batman with automatic armory?), and Robin - still hate him/her/whatever that was. Never liked that character, very campy.
    But I understand some scenes couldn't be made without additional help to Batman.

Very mature cartoon, brilliant script, brilliant animation....
    I absolutely love how Batman moves and fights, very realistic and brutal, reminds me "Rocky Balboa" and "Expandables" - brute force, small but fast movements....they really modeled how old but skilled man would move and fight. Brilliant animation and fight scripting. Was one of my few favourite scenes in the movie.
    Seeing Superman in such was a surprise, but the final fight between SuperMan and Batman was truly epic. It was....epic. Though rases questions why Batman didn't use that suit beforehand, he seems to move still fast in it. Another favourite scene.
    Loved the Green Arrow cameo, brillaint idea, but very strange script-wise....I didn't understand what he did that Batman couldn't do himself from close distance while fighting Superman. It's like they added him in just...because they wanted him in. To run 1000 meters just to shoot an arrow that doesn't even hit, but sprays gas. BatSpray anyone?

Joker "killing everyone in a room" was good, but too "classic-Jokery" a bit...like you've seen it many times.

But the fight of Joker and Batman was epic...epic....his face while burning was epic....another favourite scene. Two old men...so they act and behave....and move.... Perfect way for Joker to die. Epic scene.

Loved the return of Vetrilloquist...updated....they really made him into secondary but capable and dangerous villain, especially combined with Joker.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Ron 05 Apr 2013, 00:13

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704[/youtube]

Very interesting video!
    Ron
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

DoomJedi

Postby DoomJedi 15 Apr 2013, 23:23

Lately I fantasize before I go to sleep that Nolan gives me to make Batman's sequel, or Superman ending with Justice Team linkage - dialog between Superman and retired Bruce.

I actually think in detail about the villain (Deadshot (inspired by "The Arrow" series) and maybe Mad Hatter too...), think in detail who will play who, the scenes, costume designs to fit Nolan universe and being realistic and effective - for Deadshot hand guns etc, have developed detailed concept...How should he look...

This is NOT how he will look - though handguns mechanism is based on my ideas, but in this detail level I can't draw it's detail...including telescopic muzzle itc...

This is such a cool fantasy...
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 19 Jul 2013, 15:58

I liked the new "Beware the Batman" cartoon.

This is done quite nicely. Hard to get used to the new Alfred look, or new Batman constume...
    But loved the Professor Pig and Mr. Todd villains, never saw them before in a cartoon, and those were were well accepted by my Batman senses....Professor Pig is sure good Boss proposal for part 3 of the mod.
    This pair works together quite well, and completes each other well. Still strange to see a talking frog in a Batman cartoon...but heh, Croc or ClayFace are not exaclty human-looking as well.

Professor Pig is a great character. He look menacing, he is smart, he is a good mix of Dr. Strange, Dr. Oz and Riddler...he takes himself seriously which is convincing and nice.
    Great Villain concept.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 19 Jul 2013, 16:02

Beware the Mad Hatter!!! :D

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 20 Jul 2013, 22:32

StarWolf wrote:I liked the new "Beware the Batman" cartoon.

This is done quite nicely. Hard to get used to the new Alfred look, or new Batman constume...
    But loved the Professor Pig and Mr. Todd villains, never saw them before in a cartoon, and those were were well accepted by my Batman senses....Professor Pig is sure good Boss proposal for part 3 of the mod.
    This pair works together quite well, and completes each other well. Still strange to see a talking frog in a Batman cartoon...but heh, Croc or ClayFace are not exaclty human-looking as well.

Professor Pig is a great character. He look menacing, he is smart, he is a good mix of Dr. Strange, Dr. Oz and Riddler...he takes himself seriously which is convincing and nice.
    Great Villain concept.

Watched Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox"

Nice cartoon....a bit simular to "Crisis of 2 Earths"...DC tries to reinvent the old characters - taking us into some alternative or parallel universes.
    Kind of works.
    The script is not very original - just another "Butterfly Effect" clone.

Some scenes looked quite out of character or rushed.
    Didn't leave much of things to remember....but it was nice. Got to meet some Flash villains, which I know much less. Captain Bumerang? So lame :) Bumerang against Flash?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 03 Aug 2013, 10:49

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/02/warner-bros-reportedly-seeking-older-batman-for-batman-vs-superman/
    Older Batman? WTF? How they'll later unite all those in "Justice League" movie? Batman will be too old for that shit...
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 23 Aug 2013, 22:02

Ben Afflek??? Whyyyyy....oh whyyyyyy!!!!!

I--8P
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General topics