• View unanswered postsView active topics

• New Features Testing

Postby DoomJedi 04 Nov 2017, 18:15

if works now.

But you can only see how is online, and you have connect button to go to discord from there.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 05 Nov 2017, 02:23

Seems I have to Log In through Discord in order to view it, and I don't have a Discord account right now. I'm not really prepared to create yet *another* account where I have to keep track of my username *and* password; I'm rather overwhelmed by the ones I have already. :(
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 05 Nov 2017, 08:30

Sorry to hear that and respect your choice whatever it is.

Cannot relate to the confusion though, it's 2017, not the crazy 90s.
    I keep all my passwords in one safe and easy to access list in 1password app and can have 100 more passwords without added confusion.
    https://1password.com/
    Not to mention comp usually remembers password and you don't have to have all passwords unique.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 07 Nov 2017, 04:23

I did have my passwords saved, but then I had to move to Chromium because the web pages and videos weren't loading. And having all your passwords saved in the same site? That doesn't sound like a safe idea to me. Sites are hijacked all the time; even my credit union was invaded. It didn't affect me because I didn't have an online user account.
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 07 Nov 2017, 09:34

It's not site, it's an app you can download and the lists are saved only locally on the smartphone in safest way possible.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 08 Nov 2017, 01:58

Okay. I don't have a smartphone, so that counts me out. :)
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 08 Nov 2017, 09:32

Why you don't have a smartphone?
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Tricob1974 10 Nov 2017, 02:00

Monthly charges and binding contracts are the main reasons. My salary is extremely low, so I have to cut corners everywhere. I use a cord phone to call people, and I don't have the money to buy a smartphone. Even if I did have one, I couldn't pay the monthly charges on it. Many cellphone contracts also have hidden fees attached to them, and I - again - have no money to pay for those things, either.
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby Lozer_42 10 Nov 2017, 08:51

DoomJedi wrote:Why you don't have a smartphone?

I have never felt the need to get one. Being in a similar boat to Tricob with contracts and budgets being another layer.
    Lozer_42
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby DoomJedi 10 Nov 2017, 11:32

This is surprising for me.
    Here in Israel I really don't know people who do not have a smartphone, including my old dad and my wife's grandma that is far from "rich".
    Maybe in Israel fees are lower? Here everyone have a smartphone, noone expects you to upgrade it each year, but to have one...even older model you can buy at low price. On AliExpress phones are cheap and nice (Lenovo models for once)...
    Here phone fees are quite cheap.

Can't imagine my life without one...

Tricob, why do you keep working on a job that doesn't allow you to live comfortable financially?
    Did you consider changing jobs you taking some course for a new skill?

From my experience, first we don't have money to buy something, then we find other ideological explanations just to keep things as they are...when they can be different...
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby Atina 10 Nov 2017, 16:08

Lucky you living without a mobile phone =p

Here many or almost everyone has a phone too even if it's ancient model. I have a mobile phone but i could live without it as well.
    I don't think it's necessary to have one if you can live without it. It changed lot of the society to worse. More hectic, stress and zombies everywhere. If it's a bad job change it otherwise if it's not so bad and you can live with the money, why not?
    Money is not all. Health > money in the first place. All the money doesn't do anything if you only torture yourself. Everyone has their own reason or priorities.
    Atina

Postby Tricob1974 11 Nov 2017, 21:53

DoomJedi wrote:Tricob, why do you keep working on a job that doesn't allow you to live comfortable financially?
    For most of the years I've worked there, the main reason has been lack of transportation. Now that I finally have a car, there's the process of simply learning what all is in the city, and how to get there. I don't even know where any UPS buildings are at this point in time. Seeing as I work during weekdays, I'm always faced with the problem of things looking different at night versus during the day. So I'm forced to learn where everything is exclusively during the weekend. If you go onto one overpass at the wrong time - or get off of it at the wrong time - you can get stuck driving out of the city and onto the interstate. Everything in Alabama looks exactly the same no matter what city you're in, so you have no visible cues that you're in another city until there's this large sign loudly proclaiming it. H==-=
    Tricob1974
    Team RayCast member
    Team RayCast member

Postby AshenOne 09 Apr 2018, 18:16

Last edited by AshenOne on 13 Jun 2022, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
    AshenOne

Postby DoomJedi 09 Apr 2018, 23:48

Well, it's private development server, not public one, it's for the TR developers and I control the access permissions, just as you don't see 90% of this forum, only small public area, we don't reveal our in-dev projects and related discussions to the public.
    Same rules apply to our discord server as of the forum - it's a development tool, communication tool among team members (only forum has small public area, and discord does not (yet?)).
    In case of discord, I'm not sure I even know how to define a public thread there, would consider such if there is such interest.
    DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

Postby DoomJedi 29 May 2018, 11:08

Text background color test

DoomJedi
    Administrator
    Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Forum News and Feature Testing